Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club's Kilometer Kids is a free, incentive-based running program designed to get kids ages (7 to 14) in the community active! The mission of Kilometer Kids is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to area youth through a running-based program, empowering children with the knowledge they need to make smart lifestyle choices.
Whether you're a teacher looking to start an after school program, or a parent who wants to run with your child in the neighborhood, the 11-week program is a great way to engage children in the sport of running. The program focuses on encouraging the kids to complete 26.2 miles over 11 weeks.
When does the Fall 2016 Kilometer Kids Season registration begin?
- Registration opens August 1
- Registration closes September 16
How do individuals register?
If you would like to join an exisiting team, please contact the site coordinator at that location prior to completing registration. Participating teams schedule their own meeting times and dates and may have restrictions on the maximum number of participants.
You can participate in the program as an individual and track your child’s mileage over the fall season. For individuals not associated with a team, incentive prizes will be mailed upon completion/receipt of the Running Logs.
- One Mile Fun Run & Dash events fall 2016 calendar
- Visit Upcoming Events to see what events you may want your group to participate in this fall.
Date & Time
- August 1 Registration Opens
- August 23, 6:30 p.m. Coach Orientation
- September 12 First week of program season (suggested)
- September 16 Registration Closes
- September 24 Wingfoot XC Classic
- September TBD Midweek Fun Run
- October TBD Midweek Fun Run
- October TBD Midweek Fun Run
- November 24 Thanskgiving Day One Mile & 50m Dash
Start a Team
START A TEAM
What does a school/group need or have to do to start a Kilometer Kids program this Fall?
- Please register as a "Coach" using the fall program link and list your school or program site during the registration process. Once you register, we will send you a Coach Kit with all the necessary materials to get the program up and running this season.
- Fax or Email copies of the Site Agreement and Coach Agreement by September 16.
- Once you have submitted your Site Agreement and registered as a Coach, please use the same registration link to send to parents/kids that are interested in participating this season.
- Attend the Coach Orientation on Tuesday, August 23, 6:30 p.m.
Please Note: All Coach Agreements and Site Agreements must be received by September 16 in order to be an “active” program. All kids must be registered by September 16 in order to be eligible for incentive prizes.
A few of the program features include:
- Free access to curriculum, including running game ideas and mileage tracking tools
- Incentive items to all participants who reach their mileage goals, (must send in Running Log).
- Flexibility - parents, teachers and site coordinators can begin the program in the Fall or Spring.
- Opportunity to participate in free, mid-week fun runs and other youth running events organized by Atlanta Track Club.
Kilometer Kids seeks to create lifelong runners, instilling in participants the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle. Through the program, kids learn that exercise is a fun and rewarding activity, opening the door for physical activity to become a lifelong habit.
To learn more about the program, or how to get involved: Contact us