Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Celebrate your love of running with the Hearts & Soles 5K. The flat, fast course provides a perfect opportunity for a personal best and a great option as your Peachtree qualifier. This event is the second event in the 2016 Grand Prix Series.
Click Here for a complete list of team results.
Date & Time
February 6, 8:00 a.m.
GA Perimeter College, 3251 Panthersville Rd., Decatur GA 30034
- 5K (ages 8 & older)
Event Day Schedule
- 6:30 a.m. Number pick-up/Event day registration opens
- 7:30 a.m. Deadline to register, be timed and in results
- 8:00 a.m. 5K start
- 8:45 a.m. Awards ceremony
- 9:21 a.m. Course closes
Race Day Registration
Providing we have not reached race capacity, we will offer race day registration for this event.
Cost: Free for Atlanta Track Club members; $10 for non-members
Deadline to register and be timed: 7:30 a.m.
Timing & Results
Available online the afternoon of the event.
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
Course time limit:
- 5K: 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute/mile pace)
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no headphones, pets, or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course.
GA Perimeter College-3251 Panthersville Rd Decatur GA 30034
5K: Ages 8 & up
Free parking is available at the college and other surrounding lots. Atlanta Track Club signs and volunteers will help guide you to the available parking areas. Parking is limited so please consider carpooling.
Looking for a way to further challenge yourself on race day? Consider signing up for our Team Competition. Team brackets are listed below. As part of a team you will still receive individual results, as well as your cumulative time for the team you sign up for. In registration you will have three options- Register as an individual, Join existing team, or Create new team. To join/create a team you will be prompted to type in the team name.
- In-Love Open Division (two members, any age)
- In-Love Masters Division (two members, all members age 40+)
- In-Love Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 50 )
- In-Love Great Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 70 )
- In-Competition Open Division (two members, any age)
- In- Competition Masters Division (two members, all members age 40 )
- In- Competition Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 50 )
- In- Competition Great Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 70 )
Teams that are not full on race day will not be included in the team competition results. Teams with the fastest cumulative times within their division will win. Click here for a complete list of team results.
- Men's and Women's Overall Awards *Gun Time
- Men's and Women's Masters Awards *Gun Time
- Age Group Awards for the top three men and women in each age group (14 & under, five-year increments up to 90 ) *Chip Time
- Team Competitions: "In-Love" or "In-Competition" categories, prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for Open, Masters, Grandmasters and Great Grandmasters divisions *Chip Time
- Costume Contest: prizes for the best participant and volunteer costume - wear your red! (for judging, stop by Volunteer Check-In by 7:45 a.m.)
Age group awards, 2016 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place patches and wings, for this event will be those traditionally given for a Grand Prix event.
The Hearts & Soles 5K is the third event in the 2016 Atlanta Track Club Grand Prix Series. For more information on the 2016 Grand Prix Series, please click here. Please note: Your age on December 31, 2016 is used as your base age for Grand Prix scoring. For example, if you are currently 34 years old but will be turning 35 in November, your age will appear as 35 in the standing throughout the Grand Prix season.
Volunteer with us
Interested in giving back to the sport of running? Come volunteer with us! To learn more, please email [email protected].
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email [email protected].
Become A Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!