Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Who can participate?
Whether you're a teacher looking to start an after school program, or a parent who wants to run with your child in the neighborhood, the free 11-week program is a great way to keep kids moving. The program focuses on encouraging the kids to complete 26.2 miles over 11 weeks.
When does the Fall 2017 Kilometer Kids Season registration begin?
- Registration opens August 1
- Registration closes September 15
How do individuals register?
If you would like to join an exisiting team, please contact the site coordinator at that location prior to completing registration. Participating teams schedule their own meeting times and dates and may have restrictions on the maximum number of participants.
You can participate in the program as an individual and track your child’s mileage over the fall season. For individuals not associated with a team, incentive prizes will be mailed upon completion/receipt of the Running Logs.
September 13: Kilometer Kids Fun Run
October 11: Kilometer Kids Fun Run
October 25: Kilometer Kids Fun Run
November 8: Kilometer Kids Fun Run
November 23: Thanksgiving Day One Mile & 50m Dash
Date & Time
- August 1 Registration Opens
- September 4 First week of program season (suggested)
- September 13 Kilometer Kids Fun Run
- September 15 Registration Closes
- October 1 Kilometer Kids Fun Run
- October 25 Kilometer Kids Fun Run
- November 8 Kilometer Kids Fun Run
- November 23 Thanksgiving Day 1 Mile & 50m Dash
Start a Team
START A TEAM
What does a school/group need or have to do to start a Kilometer Kids program this Spring?
- Please register as a "Coach" using the spring program link and list your school or program site during the registration process. Once you register, we will send you a Coach Kit with all the necessary materials to get the program up and running this season.
- Complete the head coach background check by September 15
- Once you have submitted a background check, please use the same registration link to send to parents/kids that are interested in participating this season.
- Attend the Coach Orientation
Please Note: All Coach Agreements and Site Agreements must be received by September 15 in order to be an “active” program. All kids must be registered by September 15 in order to be eligible for incentive prizes.
A few of the program features include:
- Free access to curriculum, including running game ideas and mileage tracking tools
- Incentive items to all participants who reach their mileage goals, (must send in Running Log).
- Flexibility - parents, teachers and site coordinators can begin the program in the Fall or Spring.
- Opportunity to participate in free, mid-week fun runs and other youth running events organized by Atlanta Track Club.
Kilometer Kids seeks to create lifelong runners, instilling in participants the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle. Through the program, kids learn that exercise is a fun and rewarding activity, opening the door for physical activity to become a lifelong habit.
To learn more about the program, or how to get involved: Contact us