Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Hosted by Atlanta Track Club in partnership with the Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association, this clinic will provide Georgia high school and middle school coaches the educational tools and resources to strengthen track and cross country programs.
2017 featured speakers include: 2017 Speaker Bios
- Jim Ryun - Olympian and first American high school runner to break 4:00 minute mile
- Harvey Glance - Olympic gold medalist and legendary Alabama Track and Field coach
- Art and Linda Kranick - Saratoga Spring girls' cross country coaches
Date & Time
January 13 & 14, 2017
Atlanta Track Club
- $68 for current GATFXCCA members
- $75 for non-members
- $90 for Event Day Registration
Coaches who are members of the GATFXCCA will receive a 10% discount on their registration fee. A box lunch and coach's packet will be included with registration.
- Coaches who wish to pay by check should mail their payment by December 28 to Atlanta Track Club, ATTN: Coaches Clinic, 201 Armour Dr. Atlanta, GA 30324 and email [email protected] to arrange payment and registration.
- Coaches who wish to pay by check after December 28 must pay the onsite fee of $90 per registration. Payment will be collected at the door.
- GATFXCCA member discount will not be available on event day.
- Online registration will remain open until January 10.
Friday, January 13, 3:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- 3:00 – 5:45 p.m. Friday Sessions 1 & 2 (1:15 each)
- 6:00 – 9:00 p.m. Coaches Social & Guest Speaker Jim Ryun
Saturday, January 14, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- 7:00 a.m. Check –in
- 7:45 a.m. Coaches meeting
- 8:00 a.m. Morning Sessions begin
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch (included with Registration)
- 1:00 p.m. Afternoon Sessions begin
- 3:00 p.m. GHSA Rules Clinic
- 3:45 p.m. GATFXCCA Business Meeting
Participating clinicians consist of local, regional, and national experts, and Olympic coaches from around the country. Sprints, jumps, throws and distance events will all be represented in the clinics. Speaker Bios
- Harvey Glance – Alabama, Olympic Gold Medalist: Sprints and Relays
- Art and Linda Kranick – Saratoga Springs High School (NY): Cross Country and Distance Track
- Jim Ryun – First High School Sub4 mile, Olympic Silver Medalist: Guest Speaker, Mental Preparation
- Don Babbitt – University of Georgia: Shot Put & Discus
Georgia Coaches Association
The Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association was created to advocate for sports of Track and Cross Country in the state of Georgia. Their mission is to advance cross country and track & field in Georgia. All GATFXCCA members will receive a 10% discount on the event. If you have not received your discount code, please contact the association. If you would like to join the GATFXCCA, you can click here. You have the option to join as an individual or school.
Become A Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!