Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Celebrate your love of running with the Hearts & Soles 5K. The flat, fast course provides a perfect opportunity for a personal best and a great option as your Peachtree qualifier. Compete as an individual or join one of our team competitions. This event is the second event in the 2017 Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare.
Event is held rain or shine.
Date & Time
February 11, 8:15 a.m.
Georgia State University/Perimeter College, 3251 Panthersville Rd., Decatur GA 30034
- 5K (ages 8 & older)
Event Day Schedule
- 6:30 a.m. Number pick-up/event day registration opens
- 7:30 a.m. Deadline to register, be timed and in results
- 7:45 a.m. Wheelchair division start
- 8:15 a.m. 5K start
- 8:25 a.m. Start line closes
- 8:45 a.m. Awards ceremony
- 9:36 a.m. Course closes
Race Day Registration
Provided we have not reached race capacity, race day registration will be offered for this event.
Cost: Free for Atlanta Track Club members; $10 for nonmembers cash or credit card only
Deadline to register and be timed: 7:30 a.m.
Timing & Results
Unofficial results available online the afternoon of the event. Results are made official approximately two weeks after the event, after all inquires have been processed.
Your timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
Course time limit:
- 5K: 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute/mile pace).
Any participant still on the course after the course limit will be asked to move to the sidewalk adn will not have event services available.
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no headphones, pets, or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course.
Georgia State University/Perimeter College
3251 Panthersville Rd
Decatur GA 30034
5K: Ages 8 & up
Free parking is available at the college and other surrounding lots. Atlanta Track Club signs and volunteers will help guide you to the available parking areas. Parking is limited so please consider carpooling.
Looking for a way to further challenge yourself on race day? Consider signing up for our Team Competition. Team brackets are listed below. As part of a team you will still receive individual results, as well as your cumulative time for the team you sign up for. In registration you will have three options- Register as an individual, Join existing team, or Create new team. To join/create a team you will be prompted to type in the team name.
- In-Love Open Division (two members, any age)
- In-Love Masters Division (two members, all members age 40+)
- In-Love Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 50+ )
- In-Love Great Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 65+)
- In-Competition Open Division (two members, any age)
- In- Competition Masters Division (two members, all members age 40+)
- In- Competition Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 50+)
- In- Competition Great Grandmasters Division (two members, all members age 65+)
Teams that are not full on race day will not be included in the team competition results. Teams with the fastest cumulative times within their division will win.
- Men's and Women's Overall Awards *Gun Time
- Men's and Women's Masters Awards *Gun Time
- Age Group Awards for the top three men and women in each age group (14 & under, five-year increments up to 90 ) *Chip Time
- Team Competitions: "In-Love" or "In-Competition" categories, prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for Open, Masters, Grandmasters and Great Grandmasters divisions *Chip Time
- Costume Contest: prizes for the best participant and volunteer costume - wear your red! (for judging, stop by Volunteer Check-In by 7:45 a.m.)
Age group awards, 2017 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place patches and wings, for this event will be those traditionally given for a Grand Prix event.
The Hearts & Soles 5K is the second event in the 2017 Atlanta Track Club Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare. For more information on the 2017 Grand Prix Series, please click here. Please note: Your age on December 31, 2017 is used as your base age for Grand Prix scoring. For example, if you are currently 34 years old but will be turning 35 in November, your age will appear as 35 in the standing throughout the Grand Prix season.
Volunteer with us
Interested in giving back to the sport of running? Come volunteer with us! To learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email email@example.com.
Become A Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!