Changes to the 2014 All-Metro Cross Country Banquet and Awards Selection Process
As Atlanta Track Club moves into its next 50 years, it is recommitting itself to honoring the metro area’s top high school standouts in an exciting, new way.
This fall, Atlanta Track Club will select 42 deserving scholastic student athletes, 21 boys and 21 girls, to be named to the First, Second or Third All-Metro Teams. The 42 honorees will be chosen based on an updated, calculated, ranking system and then coaches, parents, media and the general public will vote to determine their place on the three teams.
Immediately following the Georgia High School State Cross Country Meet in early November, 42 All-Metro athletes will be slected. The names and bios of these athletes will be posted at atlantatrackclub.org and ga.milesplit.com . Once announced, coaches and the community can return to this site and rank the selected athletes among the three teams.
Atlanta Track Club's Criteria for Selection
1. All athletes must attend a school that belongs to the Georgia High School Association
in the All-Metro region.
2. Only high school competition during the season is considered. No club, pre-season or post season competition results apply. Certain out of state competitions are considered if they are GHSA sanctioned.
3. Place at state
4. Time at state
5. Fast season times- Taking into account what courses these times were run on.
6. Number of fast times
7. Big Meet Performance- How high an athlete places in a high level invitational is important
8. Wins- county and regional wins
9. Athletes must be in good standing with their school to be considered.
Vote for the 2014 All-Metro Cross Country Teams - Check back on November 10, 2014 to begin voting!
How voting will work:
-Only one vote is allowed per person. You will be ranking the list of 42 athletes and determining their placement on the First, Second or Third All-Metro Cross Country Teams.
-Coaches' votes will equal 80% of an athlete's total score
-Public votes will equal 20% of an athlete's total score
Atlanta Track Club is proud to support local high school athletes through the following initiatives:
- The Atlanta Track Club All-Metro Cross Country Team and Banquet
- The Atlanta Track Club All-Metro Track and Field Team and Banquet
- Sponsor of Team Georgia at Footlocker Cross Country Regional
- College scholarships, the application deadline for 2015 scholarships will be February 1, 2015.
2015 Patty Foell Scholarship
The Atlanta Track Club Foundation will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a Female Metro Atlanta High School Senior graduating in 2014. The scholarship is in memory of Patty Foell. Nominations can only be made by high school coaches.
You can make nominations for this scholarship through February 1, 2015. Application coming soon. You can apply by emailing Elizabeth Unislawski or in writing to Elizabeth at the Atlanta Track Club Foundation, 3097 East Shadowlawn Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30305.
2015 Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship
Started in honor of the Atlanta Track Club’s 50th Anniversary, we will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a Male Metro Atlanta High School Senior graduating in 2014. The scholarship is named in honor of founding member Hawthorne Wesley, and his dedication to high school running. Nominations can only be made by high school coaches.
You can make nominations for this scholarship through February 1, 2015. Application coming soon. You can apply by emailing Andy Carr or in writing to Andy at the Atlanta Track Club, 3097 East Shadowlawn Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30305.