Looking to train for your first marathon or improve your marathon time? Join the Atlanta Track Club for the Atlanta Marathon Training Program. This 17-week training program designed for novice and intermediate runners prepares participants for the 2012 Atlanta Marathon on Sunday, October 28. The weekly training program takes place at Emory University and begins on Saturday, July 7. Please note, participants in the Atlanta Marathon Training Program must be able to run a 10K in less than 75 minutes prior to starting the program. This ensures that you will be able to complete the Atlanta Marathon within the 6 1/2 hour course time limit.
Entry into the Atlanta Marathon Training Program includes:
• Entry into the 2012 Atlanta Marathon
• Saturday group runs beginning July 7
• Nike short-sleeve training team performance shirt
• 17-week marathon training plan
• Weekly training communications
• Four running seminars focused on marathoning