Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
The 5K training program is a 16-week program designed for both beginners and seasoned runners. It will focus on form, pace and everything you need to know about walking and running.
- Beginners will learn about everything they need to know to start walking, running or transition from walking to running.
- Those who have been running or walking can learn to take their training and pace to the next level.
- If you want to increase your speed, learn about strength training or increase your fitness this is the program for you.
- The Saturday practices will be more clinic style then mileage focused.
This program prepares participants for the Thanksgiving Day 5K or is a great option for those that want to maintain their fitness level through the fall.
Date & Time
Starts August 12
201 Armour Drive
- Mizuno short-sleeve shirt
- June 20 Registration opens
- July 8 Kick-Off Event
- August 12 Saturday group runs begin
- August 16 Mid-week workouts begin
- August 31 Registration closes
- $90.00 - Training only
- Loyalty discount: $10 off for each 2017 Atlanta Track Club In-Training program you participated in this year.
- $165.00 - Mizuno Upgrade Package
- Includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference. Bring your proof of purchase to the participating running specialty retail partner to redeem your shoes.
- $75 Upgrade Package: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries! You can upgrade anytime during the month of July and August and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store by bringing in your e-receipt. Upgrade is for those currently registered for a fall training program not valid as stand alone purchase. Click to Upgrade
- Big Peach Running Co. - Running Retail Partner for In-Training for Thanksgiving Day 5K program.
- Saturday Locations: 8:00 a.m. - Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Wednesdays 6:30pm at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Paced group runs led by run leaders
- Mid-week interval workouts
- Training log to customize to your fitness level
- Weekly training email with training tip video content
- Discount on Road ID items
- Discount on Bauerfeind products
- Nutritional support from Good Measure Meals
- Entry into private Facebook Group
- Complimentary entry into the Wingfoot XC Classic
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt – unisex sizing
- 2017 Saturday Locations - Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
- Registration Opens - June 20
- Kick Off Event- 7:00 a.m.– July 8th, Big Peach Running Co. - Brookhaven
- Saturday Group Run Schedule:
- 8:00 a.m. – Starts August 12 through November 23 (weekly schedule based on Thanksgiving Day 5K)
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Starts August 16 through November 15
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!