Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
The half marathon training program is a 16-week program which takes place in the summer/fall that prepares participants for Atlanta Track Club’s Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon on November 22, 2018. The program is intended for all levels of runners and walkers with a goal of completing a half marathon within the 3.5 hour course limit.
|What level am I?|
|Level One: This is for people who are just starting to run or walk or returning from injury.|
|Level Two: This is for people who have participated in races in the past, but are trying to get
ready to cover the event distance. Currently running or walking 3-4 days per week.
|Level Three: This is for avid runners looking to set a new personal best. Currently running 5-7 days per week.|
- To ensure participants are prepared for their half marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 5-6 miles at a maximum 16:00 min/mile by the time of the first group run on August 11.
- Register by July 14 to receive your four-week, self-directed, pre-training plan to help you reach this distance/pace requirement by the start of the group runs.
The program will meet at Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324.
Training programs are geared toward adult participants 18 and older. However, participants as young as 16 may participate as long as they are accompanied by a parent and the parent has signed a release acknowledging the risks involved. Both the parent and child would need to be registered for the program.
Date & Time
Starts August 11
201 Armour Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Half Marathon
- Mizuno short-sleeve shirt
- May 15 Registration Opens
- July 14 Pre-Training plan begins
- August 11 Saturday group runs begin
- August 15 Wednesday workouts begin
- August 31 Registration closes
- November 22 Race Day
- $125.00 - In-Training only
- $200.00 - Mizuno Upgrade Package
- Includes In-Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. For shoes above this price point, the participant would be responsible for the price difference. Bring your proof of purchase to the participating running specialty retail partner starting July 7 through the end of August to redeem your shoes.
- $75 Upgrade Package: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? You can upgrade anytime during the month of July and August and redeem your shoes at participating specialty running stores by bringing in your e-receipt. Upgrade is for those currently registered for a fall training program not valid as stand alone purchase. Click to Upgrade
Refund Policy - Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds considered for medical reasons only. Refund requests must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to end of registration. $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- Saturday Group Runs: 7:30 a.m. - Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
- Wednesday Workouts: 6:30 p.m. - Cheney Stadium, 741 Connally Street, Atlanta 30315
- Registration opens: May 15
- Registration closes: August 31
- Saturday Group Run Schedule:
- August 11 through November 17
- Wednesday Workout Schedule
- August 15 through November 14
- Paced group runs
- Mid-week interval workouts
- New this season: Online training log powered by Final Surge
- Once you register you will receive an email with instructions to sign up for the online training log.
- The workout plan is personalized to your fitness level
- You will receive daily workout email reminders
- Access to a message board with the coach
- Weekly training email with training tip video content
- Entry into private Facebook Group
- Discount on Road ID items
- Discount on Bauerfeind products
- Nutritional support from Good Measure Meals
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt – unisex sizing
Participating Specialty Run Stores
- Nutrition tips and recipes throughout training log and weekly e-newsletter
- Healthy pre and post run fuel at first group training run of each month
- Discounts on Good Measure Meals meal plans and nutrition counseling services
- Online interactive support from Registered Dietitian via Facebook and recorded videos
- Additional Services
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all training programs and events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!