Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
If this is your first AJC Peachtree Road Race or you are aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, our new premium, In-Training for Peachtree program is designed to meet your needs. The 11.5 week in-person, fall program combines structured long runs with additional mid-week workouts to help you reach your goals while training together. Information on our virtual program can be found here.
New in 2020, the premium In-Training for Peachtree will feature:
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Supported long runs and walks on Saturday mornings with pace groups captained by Run Leads to build camaraderie
- Digital learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness and experience
- Deals and discounts from running specialty stores and sponsors
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to grow community
While event course limit paces will not be applied to the training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18 min/mile for at least a mile at the start of training.
Note: This premium, in-person training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
The program does not meet on the following Saturdays: 9/19 and 11/7
Date & Time
Begins September 12
- August 1 Registration opens
- September 3 Orientation - online at 8:00 p.m.
- September 11 Registration closes
- September 12 In-person training begins
- September 16 Mid-week workouts begin
- November 23-25 Peachtree Health & Fitness Expo
- November 26 AJC Peachtree Road Race
- *When CDC recommendations for limiting gatherings to 10 or fewer people expire, these group workouts may resume*
- Wednesday Workout Locations: Participants can attend any of the Wednesday locations. Please see newsletter for the specific details. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- Cheney Stadium, Track, Atlanta, Wednesdays - 6:00 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Tucker High School, Track, Tucker, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- More to be added soon!
- Refund Policy: In-Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable (*Refunds considered for medical reasons only, must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to 9/20/20. $25 processing fee will be retained.)
- This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2020 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
- 11.5-week training program
- Tiered online training log to meet your goals and provide daily reminders of workouts
- Weekly In-Training newsletter with training tip video content and articles
- In-Training for Peachtree private Facebook group
- Online education including certified coach and Run Lead "ask me anything" sessions
- Presentations by our guests including time for questions and answers on various educational topics including proper footwear, apparel, nutrition, goal setting, injury prevention, recovery and more
- Run Lead and coach to check in on your progress at regular intervals
The program is open to runners and walkers of all abilities, experience levels and paces
- Level I: beginner runners and walkers 9:00-18:00 minutes per mile including intervals
- Level II: runners and walkers 7:00-16:00 minutes per mile including intervals currently completing 15 or fewer miles per week
- Level III: experienced runners and walkers 7:00-16:00 minutes per mile including intervals currently completing 16-30 miles per week
- Level IV: advanced runners 5:00-10:00 minutes per mile pace currently completing 31+ miles per week and at least one speed work session or tempo run per week
We will kickoff the program with an hour long online orientation in which Coach Amy will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Thursday, September 3 at 8:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance Patrick Peterson, Atlanta Track Club, Olympic Development Team Athlete, Assistant Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Youth ProgramsCoaches' Profiles
- Nutrition and hydration
- Injury prevention
- Goal setting
- Race day nerves
- Course strategy
- Sports bra basics
- Heart rate training and effort-based training
GUESTS AND SPEAKERS
- To be announced soon!
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
Frequently Asked Questions - Premium
I am not technologically savvy. Will I be trained on how to use all of the digital tools in the program?
Yes! Orientation, online videos, downloadable documents, and more will take you through the process step-by-step to maximize your experience.
Customization and Coaching
What do you mean by customized or individualized coaching?
The program offers a variety of training levels based on mileage, experience, and goals. The program also provides the tools to customize your paces for easy runs and walks in addition to harder workouts such as tempos and speedwork. Participants have the ability to move training days based on their work and life schedules. While a certified coach will look after your training and keep you accountable, it is not a personal coaching program with unlimited access to the coach.
Are there opportunities for interactions with coaches?
Yes! Saturday morning in-person workouts will have a certified coach available for questions along with numerous Run Leads, experienced volunteers who assist with the program. Tuesday evenings often feature online education sessions including opportunities for questions and answers. Coaches and Run Leads are also present at midweek workout locations for in-person conversations. Your coach will also be available through email any time and in certain circumstances by phone.
Will I be able to schedule weekly one-on-one calls with my coach?
No, but you do you have unlimited digital correspondence and access during Saturday morning practices, midweek workouts, and online educational sessions.
Are support, group long runs sponsored by Atlanta Track Club included with this program?
Yes! This is an
important feature of the program as there is power in the community
experience. Some say "misery loves
company", but we say "community builds strength!" While current CDC recommendations do not permit such gatherings, we will be able to come together when the time is right.
Are group interval/speedwork sessions included with this program?
Yes! Although current CDC recommendations do not permit gatherings such as our midweek workouts, when the time is right we will begin to meet again.