Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Our spring half marathon training program is a 16-week program that prepares participants for the Publix Atlanta Half Marathon on March 17, 2019. The program is great for all levels of runners/walkers with a goal of completing a half marathon within 3.5 hours. The program will meet at Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324.
|What level am I?|
|Level One: This is for people who are just starting to run or walk or returning from injury.|
|Level Two: This is for people who have participated in races in the past, but are trying to get
ready to cover the event distance. Currently running or walking 3-4 days per week.
|Level Three: This is for avid runners looking to set a new personal best. Currently running 5-7 days per week.|
- To ensure participants are prepared for their half marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 5-6 miles at a maximum 16:00 min/mile by the time of the first group run on January 5.
- Register by December 1 to receive your four-week, self-directed, pre-training plan to support you through the holidays and help you reach this distance/pace requirement by the start of the group runs.
Training programs are geared toward adult participants 18 and older. However, participants as young as 16 may participate as long as they are accompanied by a parent and the parent has signed a release acknowledging the risks involved. Both the parent and child would need to be registered for the program.
Date & Time
Starts January 5, 2019, 8:00 a.m.
201 Armour Drive, Atlanta, 30324
- Half Marathon
Registration Cut-Off Date
January 31, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Oct 1Registration opens
- Dec 1Pre-Training plan starts
- Jan 5, 8:00 a.m. First Saturday group run
- Jan 9, 6:30 p.m. First Wednesday workout
- March 17, 7:00 a.m.Race Day - 2019 Publix Atlanta Half Marathon
$125.00 - In-Training only
Refund Policy - Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
*Refunds considered for medical reasons only. Must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to January 31, 2019. $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- Paced group runs
- Mid-week interval workouts
- Online training log powered by Final Surge
- Once you register you will receive an email with instructions to sign up for the online training log.
- The workout plan is personalized to your fitness level
- You will receive daily workout email reminders
- Access to a message board with run leads and the coach
- Weekly training email with training tip video content
- Entry into private Facebook Group
- Discount on Road ID items
- Discount on Bauerfeind products
- Nutritional support from Good Measure Meals
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt – unisex sizing
- Saturday Locations: 8:00 a.m. - Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
- Wednesday Workout: 6:30 p.m. at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Registration opens: October 1 and closes on January 31
- Saturday Group Run Schedule:
- 8:00 a.m. – Starts January 5 through March 9
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Starts January 9 through March 13