Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
2017 Spring 5K In-Training (formerly In-Training for Atlanta Women's 5K) presented by Northside Hospital is a 12 week coed 5K training program that prepares walkers and runners for the Atlanta Women’s 5K the last Saturday in March or serves as pre-season In-Training for Peachtree. The goal of the program is to provide a fun, motivating running environment that helps beginner runners start their journey towards health and fitness and develops a knowledgeable runner/walker.
Join us at West Stride: Before the season starts connect with us to learn more about the program and keep moving during the holidays
- Saturday, December 17, 2016 - 10:00 a.m. - register, ask questions, meet the team
- Wednesday, January 4, 2017 - 6:00 p.m. - evening group run/walk to learn more about the training program, test out some Mizuno shoes and pick up your training schedule
West Stride, 3517 Northside Pkwy. #11, Atlanta, GA 30327
Date & Time
Starts January 8, 2017, 3:00 p.m.
- Nov 1Registration opens
- Jan 1Kick-off event - Resolution Run One Mile
- Jan 4, 6:00 p.m.Kick-off event, group run - West Stride
- Jan 8 - March 19, 3:00 p.m. Sunday runs
- Jan 11 - March 8, 6:30 p.m. Midweek workouts
- Feb 11Hearts & Soles 5K
- March 25Atlanta Women's 5K
- $90.00 - Training
- $165.00 - Mizuno Upgrade Package (includes Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Participant would be responsible for the different on shoes above this price point.) - Shoes must be redeemed before the end of January
- How do I get my shoes? Bring your shoe coupon into the participating specialty running store, West Stride by January 31.
- $75 Upgrade: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries you can upgrade anytime between now and the end of January. Upgrade
Refund Policy - Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
*Refunds considered for medical reasons only. Must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to January 9, 2017. $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- Pre-Season Meet ups
- December 17, 2016 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - West Stride Saturday Info session
- January 4, 2017 6:00 p.m. – West Stride Wednesday evening run/walk
- Kick Off Event -
- January 1, 2017 - Resolution Run 4 Miler, One Mile and 50m Dash - Brookhaven
- Sunday Locations - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - unless joining event*
- January 8 - March 19
- Midweek Workout Locations - two options
- January 18 - March 8
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval – coed
- Atlanta Track Club - women’s only option
- January 18 - March 8
- Training developed by a full-time professional coach
- Weekly structured group runs led by certified coaches and trained run leads
- Mid-week speed/hill and cross training workouts included
- Training log customized to your event and fitness level
- Seasonal performance shirt
- Mizuno upgrade package option that includes Mizuno running shoes
- Nutrition support from Good Measure Meals
Events Included in Training
The following Atlanta Track Club event is included FREE with training: Register independently for the event, a code will be provided when race registration opens.
- January 1, 2017 - Resolution Run 4 Miler, One Mile - Brookhaven
- February 11, 2017 - Hearts and Soles 5K – Georgia State University/Perimeter College Decatur Campus
Good Measure Meals - benefits
- Nutrition tips and recipes throughout training log and weekly e-newsletter
- Healthy pre and post run fuel at first group training run of each month
- Discounts on Good Measure Meals meal plans and nutrition counseling services
- Online interactive support from Registered Dietitian via Facebook and recorded videos
- Opportunity for pre (and post) training body composition analysis on Tanita scale:
- Schedule 10-minute appointment ($15) on Monday January 9th 4-8pm at ATC (24 appointments available)
- Meet one-on-one with Registered Dietitian
- Bioelectrical impedance is one of the most accurate methods of determining body composition
- Provides personalized information on key health indicators, including body fat percentage, muscle mass, hydration status, estimate of resting metabolic rate and more! Learn more
- Additional Services