Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
The half marathon training program is a 16-week program (20 week options with a 4 week pre-training plan for beginners) which takes place in the summer/fall that prepares participants for the Atlanta Track Club’s Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon on November 24, 2016. The program is great for novice and intermediate runners and walkers.
To ensure participants are prepared for their half marathon, all registrants must be able to complete at the start of the program 5-6 miles (16:00 min/mile) by August 13th comfortably for a half marathon. The program will meet at Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 as the homebase with rotating fieldtrips to favorite running trails.
Date & Time
Starts August 13
Saturday Locations – Monthly Rotation
- Half Marathon
- Mizuno short-sleeve shirt
- March 1 Registration Opens
- July 9 Kick Off Event
- July 30 Run/Walk Form and Posture clinic
- August 6 Run/Walk Form and Posture clinic
- August 13 Saturday group runs begin
- August 18 Midweek workouts begin
- August 31 Registration closes
- $125.00 - Training only
- Loyalty discount: $10 off for each 2015 Atlanta Track Club In-Training program you participated in this year.
- $200.00 - Mizuno Upgrade Package
- Includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference. Bring your proof of purchase to the participating running specialty retail partner to redeem your shoes.
- $75 Upgrade Package: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries! You can upgrade anytime during the month of July and August and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store by bringing in your e-receipt.
- Big Peach Running Co. - Running Retail Partner for In-Training for Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon program.
- Saturday Locations: 7:00 a.m. - Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - Homebase (with rotating fieldtrips to favorite running trails)
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Thursdays 6:30pm at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Paced group runs led by run leaders (12-14 different pace groups by goal finish time)
- Monthly seminars and clinics (sample topics: strength training, injury prevention, nutrition, runner safety, etc.)
- Mid-week interval workouts
- Training log to customize to your fitness level
- Weekly training email with training tip video content
- Nutritional support from Good Measure Meals
- Entry into private Facebook Group
- Short Sleeve Performance shirt – unisex sizing
- 2016 Saturday Locations (7:00 a.m.)- Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - Homebase (with rotating fieldtrips to favorite running trails)
- Registration Opens - March 1st
- Kick Off Event- 7:00 a.m.– July 9th, Big Peach Running Co. - Brookhaven
- Saturday Group Run Schedule:
- 7:00 a.m. – Starts August 13th through November 19th (weekly schedule based on Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon)
- Pre-Training:7:00 a.m. – July 30th and August 6th: Run/Walk Form and Posture Clinic
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Thursdays 6:30 p.m. at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Starts August 18th through November 17th
- Seminars/clinics: Monthly Topic
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!