Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to for fresh articles!
June 2016 - Diana Watson
Congratulations to Diana Watson, our June 2016 Volunteer of the Month! Diana has been volunteering with Atlanta Track Club for 21 years. This all-star volunteer is a crew chief for the AJC Peachtree Road Race and the PNC Atlanta 10 Miler. Next month, you can find Diana at Mile 5 of Peachtree delivering water to 60,000 runners! You will also spot her at many of our Grand Prix and signature events.
How long have you been volunteering with Atlanta Track Club?
2016 is my 21st year…
- Do you remember your first time volunteering with Atlanta Track Club?
Yes—it was my first AJC Peachtree Road Race. A couple of friends of mine thought it was be a good way to celebrate the 4th and then go to my house for a pool party, so that’s what we did!
- What is your favorite Atlanta Track Club event and why?
Probably the wheelchair racers of the Peachtree - they are so inspiring!
- What is one of your best memories from volunteering at any race?
Reuniting a mother with her daughter at a kids run…
- What is your favorite thing about volunteering with Atlanta Track Club? What brings you back?
I get to meet and volunteer with so many wonderful folks, but Atlanta Track Club is so organized. They make you proud to be associated with such a great organization.
- What other organizations do you volunteer for?
I volunteer as a greeter Sunday mornings at my church and with the AT&T Pioneers, the volunteer arm of the company.
- How many Atlanta Track Club events do you typically volunteer at during the year? How many events outside of Atlanta Track Club?
I try to volunteer for 8 to 10 events, including the AJC Peachtree Road Race. I usually have a total of about 2,000 or so hours of volunteer time a year, not counting church.
- What do you do for a living? Do you work? Are you retired? Professional volunteer?
I do work full time but sometimes my family thinks I’m a professional volunteer.
- Tell us something interesting about yourself – an interesting fact that will help us get to know you.
I love to work outside in my yard!
Previous Volunteers of the Month
"Volunteer of the Month" began in March of 2015 with the launch of our new website as a way to honor and recognize our amazing Atlanta Track Club volunteers who go above and beyond the call of duty. Congratulations to our Volunteers of the Month and thank you for all that you do!