2024 IN-TRAINING FOR PEACHTREE
Registration for 2024 In-Training for Peachtree opens Friday, March 1, 2024
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race is called Atlanta's greatest day by many and known as the world's largest 10K road race by all. July 4, 2024 is the 55th Running of the iconic race and there's no better way to prepare than by training with Atlanta Track Club. Whether this is your first Peachtree, you're aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, or you're focusing on maintaining your fitness through the spring and summer, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for Peachtree program will prepare you for your best Peachtree. The 11-week science-based training program combines structured long workouts with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals, either with the support of a group or without having to leave your neighborhood.
The 2024 In-Training for Peachtree program will feature:
- Options for both in-person and remote/virtual athletes
- Atlanta Track Club In-Training Certified Coaches and Run Leads to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Weekly educational opportunities led by doctors, nutritionists, physical therapists, professional coaches, specialists, and other running and walking experts
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long run workouts on Saturdays at multiple locations
- Customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Workouts to prepare you for The Peachtree or any summer 5K or 10K event
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
While event course limit paces will not be applied to the training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18-20 min/mile for at least one mile at the start of training.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into or registration for the 2024 Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race. The best way to guarantee your spot in the 2024 Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race is by being or becoming an Atlanta Track Club Member. Atlanta Track Club Members are guaranteed the lowest price to register for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race on July 4, 2024. Atlanta Track Club members are also guaranteed placement in Waves A through M. Not a member? JOIN TODAY!
Date & Time
- April 15, 2024
- In-Person: $125.00 | Remote/Virtual: $95.00
Orientation - online at 1:00 p.m.
In-Training workouts begin
In-person midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long workouts begin
No in-person practice (Memorial Day Weekend)
OPTIONAL BOLDERBoulder 10K Takeover and Tune-up Race!
RACE READY CELEBRATION!
55th Running of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race!
- Saturday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 - 7:15 a.m.
- Fleet Feet - Decatur, 431 W Ponce De Leon Avenue, Decatur, GA 30030 - 7:15 a.m.
- REI Alpharetta, 7531 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022 - 7:15 a.m.
- REI Kennesaw, 740 Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 - 7:15 a.m.
- South Atlanta , Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail at Lee + White, 1000 White Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 - 7:15 a.m.
- Wednesday Midweek Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Azalea Park,
203 Azalea Drive,
Roswell, GA 30075 - 6:15 a.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, 741 Connally Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 - 6:15 a.m.
- Agnes Scott College Track, South McDonough Street, Decatur, GA 30030 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Peachtree Middle School Track, 4664 North Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30338 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Dockside (or Active Oval), Atlanta, GA 30309 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Swift-Cantrell Park, 3140 Old 41 Highway NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144 - 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Locations subject to change based on demand and participation.
In-person athlete - $125.00
Remote/virtual athlete - $95.00
IN-TRAINING REFUND POLICY
In-Training registration is non-refundable unless you purchase Refundable Protection when you register for In-Training. If purchased and you're unable to start the training program for one of the covered reasons, Refundable Protection enables you to receive a 100% refund of your registration fee (minus processing fees and donations) within 10 business days of submitting a claim. Please read and learn what specific events are covered by Refundable Protection here.
Note: Refundable Protection is only applicable if the qualifying event (illness, injury, etc.) occurs before the first day of training. If the qualifying event happens on or after the first day of training, the athlete is not eligible for a refund. The first day of training is the Training begins date under Program Schedule above; not the first in-person practice.
- This training program does not include entry into the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race. You must register for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race separately.
We kick off the program with a 60-minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will explain the training program's schedule, set expectations, provide an overview of Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Sunday, April 14 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
BECOME A MEMBER
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
Frequently Asked Questions
I am not technologically savvy. Will I be trained on how to use all of the digital tools in the program?
Yes! Orientation, online videos, downloadable documents, and more will take you through the process step-by-step to maximize your experience.
Do I have to type my workouts into Final Surge?
No, the platform will sync with your watch to allow for a seamless experience.
Customization and Coaching
What do you mean by customized or individualized coaching?
The program offers a variety of training levels based on mileage, experience, and goals. The program also provides the tools to customize your paces for easy runs and walks in addition to harder workouts such as tempo runs and speedwork. Participants have the ability to move training days based on their work and life schedules. While a certified coach will look after your training and keep you accountable, it is not a one-on-one coaching program with unlimited access to the coach.
Are there opportunities for interactions with coaches?
Yes! Athletes have multiple opportunities to interact with Coach Bob, In-Training Certified Coaches, and Run Leads. Opportunties include in-person workouts on Wednesdays and Saturdays and In-Training Office Hours provides athletes with the opportunity to schedule 15-20 minute 1:1 meetings with Coach Bob to review and discuss their training.
Will I be able to schedule weekly one-on-one calls with my coach?
Yes! In-Training Office Hours provides both in-person and remote/virtual athletes with the opportunity to schedule 15-20 minute 1:1 meetings with Coach Bob to review and discuss their training.
Are group interval/speedwork sessions included with this program?
Yes! The in-person program features group workouts at various locations throughout the city.
Are supported, group long runs sponsored by Atlanta Track Club included with this program?
Yes! The in-person program features two Atlanta locations and two north of the city locations for long runs and workouts.