Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
What is a Pace Lead?
Atlanta Track Club Pace Team is comprised of experienced half and full marathoners who run an even split pace during the race to help participants reach their goal finish times. We offer pace leads for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon and the Publix Atlanta Marathon and Half Marathon. Learn More
Pace Lead Requirements
- Current Atlanta Track Club member.
- Pace lead volunteers are required to be at least 21 years of age
- Previous “Official Pacer” experience is helpful but not mandatory. Have participated in the event prior to pacing and are familiar with the course.
- Must show evidence of being able to run even splits based on previous race results. Must provide evidence of race results within past two years that is 20 min faster for the full/10 min faster than the half of goal pace time.
- Act as representatives of Atlanta Track Club and maintain a courteous and professional demeanor at all times. Sign and adhere to Atlanta Track Club’s Code of Conduct.
- In advance of the race:
- Train to comfortably lead at your assigned pace at even splits
- Coordinate with other pacers for your time group regarding water stop strategy, intervals (if applicable), etc.
- Attend a Pace Team info session a month prior to the event
- On race day:
- Welcome runners that have signed up for your pace group, explain your strategy, answer questions, and give updates during the race.
- Wear ATC branded gear only: It is key that you are “in uniform” so participants can find you and know that you are the official leaders. You are not expected to wear Mizuno shoes or apparel outside of the uniform provided. You will receive access to a Mizuno discount during the training season leading up to the event.
- Run as even splits as possible. Goal is to come in right at or seconds under the assigned finish time.
- Carry the pace flags.
- Have fun and motivate participants!
Interested in Becoming a Pace Lead?
If you're interested in becoming a pace lead, please let us know! Simply complete the interest form below! Please review our Code of Conduct, as well.
- Interest form - 2019 Publix Atlanta Marathon Pace Team*
- Please complete the interest from prior to December 1, 2018
- Team roster will be announced in mid December for marathon group and early January for the half marathon group.
- Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon: registration opens in July with confirmation in September
- Publix Atlanta Marathon and Half Marathon: registration opens in November with confirmation in December