Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
What is an Ambassador?
Atlanta Track Club ambassadors are energetic, active and enthusiastic members who volunteer their time to help promote Atlanta Track Club and its many member benefits. Ambassadors are volunteer leaders who assist at all four major events throughout the calendar year as well as take part in numerous activities throughout the community helping to spread the word about the Track Club.
Come run with the 2018 Atlanta Track Club Ambassadors. Members host monthly group run/walks open to everyone and located throughout the greater Atlanta area. These are free, fun, and offer a great chance to meet fellow members and potential members. Although the runs are unsupported (no water stops, traffic control, etc), some groups will offer post run/pre-run activities like yoga, drinks, and food. You can find the groups here.
2018 Ambassador Requirements
- Must be an Atlanta Track Club for one full year before applying.
- Attend mandatory Quarterly Team Meetings.
- Lead at least 1 group run per month organized by Atlanta Track Club wearing Mizuno Atlanta Track Club apparel. Attract new potential members/event participants to group runs every quarter.
- Participate in final social media registration pushes for AJC Peachtree Road Race, Publix Georgia Marathon, Half Marathon & 5K, Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, 5K, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia One Mile & 50m Dash and PNC Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K.
- Work a minimum of 4 hours at AJC Peachtree Road Race Expo, Publix Georgia Marathon Health & Fitness Expo, and 4 hours at either PNC Atlanta 10 Miler number pick-up OR Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon number pick- up.
- Be active on at least two social media channels & follow Atlanta Track Club on all social media channels you have. Active is defined as at least two posts/update per week.
- Post original social media content to promote Atlanta Track Club at least 2 times per month in addition to liking/sharing/commenting/retweeting Atlanta Track Club’s posts to boost engagement.
- Provide a monthly status report to Warren Travers, Ambassador Manager, via Volunteer Local. Due last day of each month.
- Distribute brochures/postcards, which are handed out at each quarterly meeting, to surrounding points of interest.
- Submit 1 proposal form per quarter regarding new marketing/outreach ideas to grow involvement in the community. Please be sure the idea is something you can execute and/or organize.
- Work at least 2 other events per quarter during Ambassador Term— This can include the event from proposal form.
- Represent Atlanta Track Club in a positive manner.
2018 Ambassador Benefits
- Complimentary entry into 2019 Triple Peach Series presented by Mizuno.
- Free Atlanta Track Club Membership for 1 year.
- Incentives for membership referrals.
- Quarterly Team Dinners.
- Reimbursement for travel expenses when applicable.
- Website recognition as part of Ambassador Team.
- Social media spotlight as a team member.
- Atlanta Track Club apparel (Mizuno shoes-up to $150 value, Mizuno short sleeve/long sleeve).
Interested in becoming an Ambassador?
If you're interested in becoming a 2019 Atlanta Track Club Ambassador review all position requirements above and note the application dates listed below. The application will include both an online application along with a video submission to show your personality and why you believe you should be a part of the team. Application links will be posted here and on Atlanta Track Club social media channels at the end of November.
*Ambassador position requirements are subject to change for 2019.
- Application opens - November 26th, 2018
- Application closes - December 31st, 2018