Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
At Atlanta Track Club, we believe healthy habits start early. Atlanta Track Club is dedicated to inspiring and engaging Atlanta area youth to make healthy lifestyle choices and become active through the sport of running. Together with the community, we are committed to fighting the childhood obesity epidemic through a variety of programs and events designed specifically for youth throughout the year.
Youth Programs - Ages 14 & Under
- The Kilometer Kids Youth Running Series features almost two dozen opportunities for kids to participate in running events ranging from the 50m dash to the 5K. Whether you are new to running or want to improve your skills, there is a race for you. The series also includes two signature events in the spring and summer:
- Publix Atlanta Kids Marathon - March 16, 2019
- Anthem Peachtree Junior - July 3
- The Kilometer Kids Program offers a free curriculum in the fall and the spring. You can join a team or participate as a family or neighborhood group.
Middle School and High School Programs
For older kids and teens, we offer a number of events and programs including a competitive cross country team, a summer camp and one of the biggest cross country meets in the state of Georgia.
- Competitive Youth Teams
Youth XC Team: Atlanta Track Club’s Youth XC team will introduce kids ages 11-14 to competitive cross country running with hands-on training from Atlanta Track Club Elite's coaches and athletes. This fun-filled program teaches young runners the basics of cross country and develops team-building and leadership skills.
Youth Track & Field Team: The youth track team is an opportunity to introduce kids 11-14 to competitive track & field. In the 2018 inaugural track season, the team was open to long sprinters (200m/400m), middle distance runners (400m/800m) and distance runners (1500m and up).
- Cross Country Camp: Middle school and high school runners are invited to join Atlanta Track Club for Atlanta Track Club Cross Country Camp at Young Harris College. This week-long overnight camp, developed by Atlanta Track Club Elite coaches Amy and Andrew Begley, will be led by our coaching staff with members of Atlanta Track Club Elite and collegiate runners as camp counselors.
Powerade All-Metro High School Banquets: Atlanta Track Club is proud to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of All-Metro student athletes and their supporting coaches with our end of season awards banquets and All-Metro team awards.
Presenting sponsor of GHSA Cross Country and Track & Field State Championships
- Middle School and High School Races
- Wingfoot Mile - May
- Wingfoot XC Classic - September