Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club is proud to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of All-Metro student-athletes and their supporting coaches with our end of season awards banquets and All-Metro team title. Each of the All-Metro athletes will be recognized for their extraordinary seasons at the All-Metro Track & Field Banquet and select All-Metro honorees will receive a scholarship from Atlanta Track Club. Honorees are selected based on an updated, calculated, ranking system with the input of coaches and the high school running community.
Date & Time
June 7, 6:00 p.m.
The Stave Room
- $30 per seat
- Invited Athletes No Charge
Registration Cut-Off Date
June 6, 11:00 p.m.
The Stave Room in Midtown Atlanta - 199 Armour Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
Most Outstanding Athlete Awards
Atlanta Track Club will award four athletes as the Most Outstanding Track or Field. These athletes are chosen by input from coaches and the public. Award winners will be announced at the banquet and receive $1,500 each in scholarships. Voting will open May 15-22 - Voting Open
- Barbara Burton Award for Outstanding Female Track Athlete
- Bill Sheskey Award for Outstanding Male Track Athlete
- Red Smith Award for Outstanding Female Field Athlete
- Bruce Yohe Award for Outstanding Male Field Athlete
Coach's Dedication Award
Atlanta Track Club awards the Judo Brown and Hawthorne Wesley Awards for outstanding coach’s dedication to the sport of track & field in the State of Georgia. Named for two Georgia track & field coaches, Judo Brown and Hawthorne Wesley, these awards are given to coaches who have a long history of involvement to the sport, their community and its athletes. From the nominations, a committee will select one boys and one girls coach to be honored. These awards are also open to coaches outside of metro Atlanta. Honorees will be invited to attend the 2017 All-Metro Track & Field Banquet. Nominations are being accepted through May 22. Click here to complete a nomination form: Nominate
Each year at the All-Metro Track & Field Banquet, Atlanta Track Club and Atlanta Track Club Foundation together grant more than $15,000 in college scholarships to female and male metro Atlanta high school athletes. At the All-Metro Track & Field Banquet in the spring, Atlanta Track Club announces its largest scholarships, the Patty Foell and Hawthorne Wesley Scholarships for seniors who excelled in running during their high school career.
Scholarship nominations can only be made by high school coaches. Nominations accepted through May 24
- Patty Foell Scholarship -The Atlanta Track Club Foundation will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a Female Metro Atlanta High School Senior in memory of Patty Foell. Download 2017 Patty Foell Scholarship nomination form
- Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship -Started in honor of the Atlanta Track Club’s 50th Anniversary, we will be granting a $2,500 college scholarship to a Male Metro Atlanta High School graduating Senior. The scholarship is named in honor of founding member Hawthorne Wesley, and his dedication to high school running. Download 2017 Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship nomination form
Atlanta Track Club High School Support
Atlanta Track Club supports local high school athletes through initiatives which include: the Atlanta Track Club All-Metro Cross Country Team and Banquet, the Atlanta Track Club All-Metro High School Track & Field Team and Banquet, and college scholarships given to high school student athletes who excelled in running during their high school career. Atlanta Track Club is also a long-standing supporter of high school running as well as the GHSA and their objectives to promote, standardize and encourage participation in athletics, and to promote sportsmanship and an appreciation through Region and State competitions. For more information, visit http://www.atlantatrackclub.org/high-school-running