Registration for the Peachtree Jr. 3K (ages 7â€“12) is still available! Register at early race number packet pick-up for just $20 at one of the following locations:
- May 15, 10am-6pm, Sports Authority 3221 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
- May 16, 10am-6pm, Sports Authority 1155 Mt. Vernon Hwy #500, Atlanta, GA 30338
Race day registration is also available for $20. Please arrive early to register and complete a waiver. Payment can be made via cash or credit card.
Kids can experience all the excitement of the AJC Peachtree Road Race when they lace up their running shoes for the Peachtree Jr. 3K. This family-friendly event allows your kids to experience the fun of Peachtree in a safe and non-competitive environment! The 3K event is open to ages 7-12, while the Lil' Peach 50m Dash is open to ages 6 & younger. Participants also get the opportunity to take part in the Peachtree Jr. Challenge which awards scholarships to the top three organizations that sign up the most kids! See details below.
After Peachtree Jr. Participants cross the finish line, they will have the opportunity to sample new track-and-field disciplines under the hands-on guidance of Olympic superstars.Â Clinics will take place in the Piedmont Park Active Oval after children are reunited with their guardians. Among the Olympic athletes expected at Peachtree Jr are:
- Adam Nelson, the 2004 Olympic gold medalist and 2005 World Champion in the shot put. Nelson grew up in Atlanta and now lives in Athens, GA.
- Chaunte Lowe, the 2005 WorldÂ Championships silver medalist and 2012 World Indoor Champion in the high jump. An NCAA Champion who competed for Georgia Tech, Lowe now lives in Loganville, GA.
- Dwight Phillips, the 2004 Olympic gold medalist and four-time World Champion in the long jump. Phillips is a life-long resident of the Atlanta area.
- Terrence Trammell, a two-time World Indoor Champion and two-time Olympic silver medalist in the 110-meter hurdles. Trammell, an Atlanta native, still lives and trains here.
EVENT IS RAIN OR SHINEÂ