Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to for fresh articles!
This program is designed for novice and intermediate runners and walkers. If this is your first AJC Peachtree Road Race or you are aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, there will be all levels of participants and the training is designed to be adapted to meet your needs. Training in a group is a great way to stay motivated and get encouragement along the way. The weekly training sessions take place on Saturday morning at one of seven Big Peach Running Co. locations throughout the metro Atlanta area with additional mid-week workouts.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Registration for In-Training for Peachtree will be available within the AJC Peachtree Road Race registration. Registration for training will stay open after the lottery until the end of April. You can decide to register for training even after race registration closes.
Click to Register (coming soon)
Specific 2017 Dates
- Registration Opens: during AJC Peachtree Road Race registration.
- Member registration - March 1- 14
- Lottery registration – March 15-22
- Registration for training Closes - April 30
- Kickoff Events - Each location will host a kickoff event. At the kickoff, you will be able to meet the coaches, learn about the program, ask questions, pick up your In-Training for Peachtree shirt and running log, upgrade to the VIP package and get fitted for shoes. This is a great time to join the program and register on site.
- Saturday 4/8 – 10:00 a.m. - Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee
- Saturday 4/8 – 1:00 p.m. – Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta
- Sunday 4/9 – 2:00 p.m. – Big Peach Running Co. Marietta
- Monday 4/10 - 6:00 p.m. – Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw
- Tuesday 4/11 - 6:00 p.m. – Big Peach Running Co. Midtown
- Wednesday 4/12 - 6:00 p.m. – Big Peach Running Co. Brookhaven
- Thursday 4/13 - 6:00 p.m. – Big Peach Running Co. Decatur
- Saturday 4/15 – Join us at Singleton 5K & 10K
- Saturday Group Training Schedule: 7:30 a.m.
- 12 Saturdays, April 22 - July 1
- Midweek Workout Schedule: 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, April 19 – June 28
Events incorporated into training: (register independently for the events listed below, a code will be provided when race registration opens)
- 4/15 – Singleton 5K & 10K – free with training
- 5/2 – 6/14 - All Comers Track & Field Meets
- Free entry into Braves Country 5K will not be included this year
- Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta- 5530 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Big Peach Running Co Brookhaven – 705 Town Blvd, Ste. 340, Atlanta, GA 30319
- Big Peach Running Co. Decatur - 114 E Trinity Pl, Decatur, GA 30030
- Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw- 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30152
- Big Peach Running Co Marietta – 1062 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068
- Big Peach Running Co Midtown- 800 Peachtree St. NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
- Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee- 320 Town Center Ave., Suwanee, GA 30024
Wednesday Workout Locations
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- North Gwinnett HS
- Riverside Park
- $65.00 - Training only
- $140.00 – Mizuno Upgrade Package
- Includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference. Shoes must be redeemed during the month of April.
- The Mizuno Upgrade discount does not apply to the Peachtree Rider shoe. Pre-orders and sales for the Peachtree Rider can only be made at participating stores.
- $75 Upgrade: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries you can upgrade your training anytime during the month of April and redeem your shoes at any of the Big Peach Running Co. stores, by bringing in your e-receipt.
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable (*?Refunds considered for medical reasons only, must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to 4/30/17. $25 processing fee will be retained.)
- Event Registration
- This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2017 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
- 12- week training program with weekly pace group runs and training sessions with hydration/fuel station support
- Monthly seminars (sample topics: strength training, injury prevention, nutrition, runner safety, etc.)
- Mid-week workouts (hill and interval training)
- Training log with directions to customize your workout to meet your goals
- Weekly Training Email with training tip video content
- Entry into Facebook Group
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt
- Free entry into Singleton 5K/10K, April 15