Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to for fresh articles!
2016 Program Information
Train to complete your 1st 10K or improve your time in the 12-week program from Atlanta Track Club. The weekly training sessions take place on Saturday morning at various locations throughout the metro Atlanta area with optional mid-week workouts.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2016 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Registration for the 2016 In-Training for Peachtree 10K training program will be available within the AJC Peachtree Road Race registration process which will open March 1, 2016 during Atlanta Track Club member registration and during the lottery beginning March 15, 2016.
Registration for In-Training for Peachtree, Click Here
2016 Training Session Dates
- Registration Opens: March 1 - April 23
- During Peachtree Lottery
- Online as stand-alone training registration post lottery announcement, click here
- Kickoff Events:- Prior to first training session. Includes a group run, shirt and log pick up, shoe fittings, and an information and Q&A session with Head Coach Amy Begley at your training location. Open to those not registered for training who would like to learn more about the program.
- Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta – March 28 at 6:30 pm
- Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee – March 29 at 6:30 pm
- Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw – March 31 at 6:30 pm
- Phidippides Ansley Mall – April 3 at 7:30 am
- Big Peach Running Co. Decatur – April 3 at 1:00 pm
- West Stride – April 2 at 10:00 am
- Saturday Training Schedule: Saturdays 7:30 a.m. at designated locations unless noted otherwise
- April 9 - June 25
- April 16 – Singleton 5K (optional, regular practice will still be held, free entry)
- June 11– Braves 5K (replaces regular training, all runners participate in race, free entry)
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Starts – April 20
- Wednesday 6:30 p.m. (multiple locations)
- Expo – July 2nd and 3rd
- Race Day- July 4th
Locations - Choose the location that works for you!
Training Locations: (when registering you need to choose a Saturday location only)
- Saturday Morning Locations 7:30 a.m.
- Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta- 5530 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Big Peach Running Co. Decatur - 114 E Trinity Pl, Decatur, GA 30030
- Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw- 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30152
- Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee- 320 Town Center Ave., Suwanee, GA 30024
- Phidippides, Ansley Mall- 1544 Piedmont Ave Ne, Atlanta, GA 30324
- West Stride, 3517 Northside Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
- Wednesday Workout at 6:30 p.m.
- 12- week training program with weekly pace group runs and training sessions with hydration/fuel station support
- Monthly seminars (sample topics: strength training, injury prevention, nutrition, runner safety, etc.)
- Mid-week workouts (hill and interval training)
- Training log with directions to customize your workout to meet your goals
- Weekly Training Email with training tip video content
- Entry into Facebook Group
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt
- Free entry into Singleton 5K/10K, April 16
- Free entry into Braves Country 5K, June (game ticket not included)
- $65.00 - Training only
- $140.00 – Mizuno Upgrade Package (includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. For shoes above this price point, the participant would be responsible for the price difference)- show your confirmation email at the participating specialty running store to redeem your Mizuno shoes.
- $75 Upgrade: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries! You can upgrade anytime during the month of April and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store by bringing in your e-receipt. Please note: the Mizuno Upgrade discount does not apply to the Peachtree Rider shoe. Pre-orders and sales for the Peachtree Rider can only be made at participating stores. - Click to Upgrade