Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Join the Atlanta Police Foundation for the 2016 Atlanta’s Finest 5K organized by Atlanta Track Club. Proceeds from the event benefit Crime Stoppers Atlanta, a program of the Atlanta Police Foundation that provides cash incentives for anonymous information that helps law enforcement solve crimes. Along with the 5K, the event also includes a One Mile, ages 7 and up, as well as 50m Dash for kids 6 and under. Participants can also check out squad cars, motorcycles and the Mobile Command Unit.
Due to the popularity of this race, t-shirt sizes may no longer be available. If your size is not offered when registering online, please come to the shirt and bib pick-up tent after the race as more shirts may become available.
Event is rain or shine.
Date & Time
August 20, 7:30 a.m.
Pemberton Place, Atlanta
- 5K (8 & older)
- One Mile (7 & older)
- 50m Dash (6 & under)
- Short-sleeve Mizuno shirt
Event Day Schedule
- 6:00 a.m. Race number pick-up opens
- 7:00 a.m. Deadline to register and be timed and included in results
- 7:30 a.m. 5K begins
- 8:15 a.m. One Mile begins
- 8:30 a.m. 50m Dash begins
- 8:51 a.m. Course closes
Race Day Registration
Providing we have not reached race capacity, we will offer registration for this event on race day.
- Cost: $35 (5K), $20 (One Mile), $15 (50m Dash) via cash or credit card
- Deadline to register and be timed: 7:00 a.m.
T-shirt sizing and availability canot be guaranteed for those registering on race day.
Timing & Results
Unofficial results available online the afternoon of the event. Results are made official approximately two weeks after the event, after all inquires have been processed.
Your timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
Course time limit:
- 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute per mile pace)
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no pets, or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course. Headphones are strongly discouraged.
121 Baker Street Northwest, Atlanta, GA 30313
Race Number Pick-Up
Number pick-up will take place the morning of the event beginning at 6:00 a.m. T-shirts will be distributed with your race number, before the event.
Parking is available in the World of Coca-Cola parking garage for a fee of $7 per vehicle per day. The entrance is located at the stoplight on Ivan Allen Jr. Blvd. between Centennial Olympic Park Drive and Luckie Street. Please plan to arrive early to allow time for parking, number pick up and arrival at the start line.
Public Transportation is highly encouraged. There are two MARTA train stops to choose from:
- MARTA stop W1: Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center
- MARTA stop N1: Peachtree Center.
It is approximately a 10 minute walk from either station
- Men's and Women's Overall Awards
- Men's and Women's Masters Awards
- Men's and Women's APD Officer Overall Awards
- Age Group Awards for the top three men and women in each age group (14 & under, five-year increments up to 80+)
Volunteer with us
Interested in giving back to the sport of running? Come volunteer with us! To learn more, please email email@example.com.
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!