Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
If this is your first AJC Peachtree Road Race or you are aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, our In-Training for Peachtree program is designed to be adapted to meet your needs. Training in a group, with all levels of participants, is a great way to stay motivated and get encouragement along the way. The weekly training sessions take place on Saturday morning at one of seven local running specialty stores throughout the metro Atlanta area with additional mid-week workouts. A Train at Home option is also available, see details below.
Training programs are geared toward adult participants 18 and older. However, participants as young as 16 may participate as long as they are accompanied by a parent and the parent has signed a release acknowledging the risks involved. Both the parent and child would need to be registered for the program.
Course limit paces for the affiliated goal event will be applied to training program sessions. As per Atlanta Track Club event policies, our 10K course time limit is 1 hr 45 minutes, a 17:00 min/mile pace. We recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18 min/mile for at least a mile at the start of training. If participants are not meeting this pace per mile, they may be asked to change their training runs to a set time limit to match training support.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Date & Time
Begins April 13
Various locations to choose from
- Mizuno short-sleeve shirt
- $75.00 Training
- March 15 Registration opens
- April 6 - 12 Kickoff events
- April 13 Saturday training sessions begin
- April 17 Midweek workouts begin
- April 30 Registration closes
- May 7 - June 18 All Comers Track & Field Meets
- July 2 & 3 Peachtree Health and Fitness Expo
- July 4 AJC Peachtree Road Race
- Saturday Training Locations: (when registering participants will choose a Saturday location only)
- Fleet Feet, John’s Creek- 9700 Medlock Bridge Rd, Duluth, GA 30097
- Fleet Feet, Decatur - 431 W Ponce de Leon Ave, Decatur, GA 30030
- Phidippides, Ansley Mall- 1544 Piedmont Ave Ne, Atlanta, GA 30324
- West Stride, 3517 Northside Pkwy Nw, Atlanta, GA 30327
- Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta- 5530 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30004
- Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw- 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30152
- Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee- 320 Town Center Ave., Suwanee, GA 30024
- Wednesday Workout Locations: Participants can attend any of the Wednesday locations. Please see newsletter for the specific details.
Training at Home
Interested in training for the AJC Peachtree Road Race and unable to attend weekly workouts? Choose "Training at Home" during registration to have your training log and shirt mailed to you and train with our coaches virtually!
Each Saturday training location kickoff will offer an hour long session in which Coach Amy will discuss the program, demonstrate how to best utilize the training log, and answer your training questions. Program registration will also be available. Kickoff events will be the week of April 6-12, location specific times and dates listed below.
- Fleet Feet, John’s Creek - Saturday, April 6 at 8:00 a.m.
- Big Peach Running Co. Suwanee - Saturday, April 6 at 11:00 a.m.
- West Stride - Saturday, April 6 at 2:00 p.m.
- Big Peach Running Co. Alpharetta - Sunday, April 7 at 12:30 p.m.
- Big Peach Running Co. Kennesaw - Monday, April 8 at 6:30 p.m.
- Fleet Feet, Decatur - Tuesday, April 9 at 6:30 p.m.
- Phidippides, Ansley Mall - Thursday, April 11 at 6:30 p.m.
- $75.00 - Training only
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable (*Refunds considered for medical reasons only, must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to 4/30/19. $25 processing fee will be retained.)
- Event Registration
- This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2019 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Participating Specialty Run Stores
- 12-week training program with weekly pace group runs and training sessions with hydration/fuel station support
- Midweek workouts (hill and interval training)
- Training log with directions to customize your workout to meet your goals
- Weekly Training Email with training tip video content
- Entry into Facebook Group
- Short-sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt
Saturday Group Training Schedule: 7:30 a.m.
- 12 Saturdays, April 13 - June 29
- No Training Memorial Day weekend (5/25/19)
Midweek Workout Schedule: 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, April 17 – June 26
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!