2020 FALL VIRTUAL IN-TRAINING FOR PEACHTREE
2020 Fall Virtual In-Training for Peachtree
New in 2020, the virtual In-Training for Peachtree will feature:
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Digital learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 8:00pm led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness and experience
- Workouts to prepare you for the AJC Peachtree Road Race or any fall 5K or 10K event
- Deals and discounts from running specialty stores and sponsors
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
While event course limit paces will not be applied to the training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18-20 min/mile for at least a mile at the start of training.
Note: This virtual training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
DATE & TIME
Begins September 6
Orientation - online at 7:00 p.m.
At home training sessions begin
Regional mid-week workouts begin
AJC Peachtree Road Race
- Wednesday Workout Locations: Participants can attend any of the Wednesday locations. Please see newsletter for the specific details. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- Cheney Stadium, Track, Atlanta, Wednesdays - 6:00 a.m. Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m. Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Tucker High School, Track, Tucker, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m. More to be added soon!
- Refund Policy: Virtual training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable
- This virtual training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2020 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
We will kickoff the program with an hour long online orientation in which Coach Amy will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Tuesday, September 1 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance Eden Meyer, Atlanta Track Club, Olympic Development Team Athlete, Assistant Coach - In-Training Programs
- Nutrition and hydration
- Injury prevention
- Goal setting
- Race day nerves
- Course strategy
- Sports bra basics
- Heart rate training and effort-based training
GUESTS AND SPEAKERS
- Alissa Pallidino, MS, RDN, LD, ACSM-CPT
- Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club Head Coach, Elite and In-Training
- Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club Director, High Performance
- Dr. Josh Glass, CCSP, Georgia Sports Chiropractic
- Dr. Kacy Senders, PT, DPT, OCS, Precision Performance and Therapy
- Kelsey Smith, MS, RDN, LD
- Dr. Perry Julien, DPM, Atlanta Foot and Ankle Center
- Veteran Run Leads and more!
BECOME A MEMBER
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
Frequently Asked Questions - Virtual
I am not technologically savvy. Will I be trained on how to use all of the digital tools in the program?
Yes! Orientation, online videos, downloadable documents, and more will take you through the process step-by-step to maximize your experience.
Customization and Coaching
What do you mean by customized or individualized coaching?
The program offers a variety of training levels based on mileage, experience, and goals. The program also provides the tools to customize your paces for easy runs and walks in addition to harder workouts such as tempos and speedwork. Participants have the ability to move training days based on their work and life schedules. While a certified coach will look after your training and keep you accountable, it is not a personal coaching program with unlimited access to the coach.
Are there opportunities for interactions with coaches?
Yes! Tuesday evenings often feature online education sessions including opportunities for questions and answers. Coaches and Run Leads, experienced volunteers who assist with the program, are also present at midweek workout locations for in-person conversations. Your coach will also be available through email any time and in certain circumstances by phone.
Will I be able to schedule weekly one-on-one calls with my coach?
No, but you do you have unlimited digital correspondence and access at midweek workouts and online educational sessions.
Are group interval/speedwork sessions included with this program?
Yes! Although current CDC recommendations do not permit gatherings such as our midweek workouts, when the time is right we will begin to meet again.
Are supported, group long runs sponsored by Atlanta Track Club included with this program?
No; however, many participants meet at a variety of locations throughout the Atlanta metro area for informal group long runs. When CDC recommendations change and the time is right they will begin again.