Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
If this is your first AJC Peachtree Road Race or you are aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, our new premium, virtual In-Training for Peachtree program is designed to meet your needs. The 11 week program combines structured long runs with additional mid-week workouts to help you reach your goals while training at home.
New in 2020, the virtual In-Training for Peachtree will feature:
- Certified coaches to guide you every step of the way while keeping you accountable
- Digital learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 8:00pm led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness and experience
- Deals and discounts from running specialty stores and sponsors
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
While event course limit paces will not be applied to the training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18 min/mile for at least a mile at the start of training.
Note: This virtual training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Date & Time
Begins April 25
- March 15 Registration opens
- April 16 Orientation - online at 8:00 p.m.
- April 24 Registration closes
- April 25 At home Saturday training sessions begin
- April 29 At home mid-week workouts begin
- July 2 & 3 Peachtree Health & Fitness Expo
- July 4 AJC Peachtree Road Race
- *When CDC recommendations for limiting gatherings to 10 or fewer people expire, these group workouts may resume*
- Wednesday Workout Locations: Participants can attend any of the Wednesday locations. Please see newsletter for the specific details. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- Cheney Stadium, Track, Atlanta, Wednesdays - 6:00 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Tucker High School, Track, Tucker, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- More to be added soon!
$60.00 - Virtual training only
- Refund Policy: Virtual training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable (*Refunds considered for medical reasons only, must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to 4/30/20. $25 processing fee will be retained.)
- This virtual training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2020 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
- 11-week training program
- Tiered online training log to meet your goals and provide daily reminders of workouts
- Weekly In-Training Newsletter with training tip video content and articles
- In-Training for Peachtree private Facebook group
- Online education including certified coach and Run Lead "ask me anything" sessions
- Presentations by our guests including time for questions and answers on various educational topics including proper footwear, apparel, nutrition, goal setting, injury prevention, recovery and more
- Run Lead and coach to check in on your progress at regular intervals
The program is open to runners and walkers of all abilities, experience levels and paces
- Level I: beginner runners and walkers 9:00-18:00 minutes per mile including intervals
- Level II: runners and walkers 7:00-16:00 minutes per mile including intervals currently completing 15 or fewer miles per week
- Level III: experienced runners and walkers 7:00-16:00 minutes per mile including intervals currently completing 16-30 miles per week
- Level IV: advanced runners 5:00-10:00 minutes per mile pace currently completing 31+ miles per week and at least one speed work session or tempo run per week
We will kickoff the program with an hour long online orientation in which Coach Amy will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Tuesday, April 16 at 8:00pm on Google Meet.
Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance Patrick Peterson, Atlanta Track Club, Olympic Development Team Athlete, Assistant Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Youth ProgramsCoaches' Profiles
- Nutrition and hydration
- Injury prevention
- Goal setting
- Race day nerves
- Course strategy
- Sports bra basics
- Heart rate training and effort-based training
GUESTS AND SPEAKERS
- Dr. Josh Glass, CCSP, Georgia Sports Chiropractic
- Alissa Palladino, MS RDN LD ACSM-CPT, Registered Dietitian and Personal Trainer
- Dr. Kate Mihevc Edwards, PT DPT, Precision Performance & Physical Therapy
- Dr. Kacy Seynders, PT DPT, Precision Performance & Physical Therapy
- Polar, Industry leader in heart rate technology
- Local running specialty retailers
- Many more!
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!