Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Our spring marathon training program is an 18-week program that prepares participants for the Publix Atlanta Marathon on March 1, 2019. The program is great for all levels of runners/walkers with a goal of completing a marathon within 3 to 6.5 hours. The program will meet at Atlanta Track Club and run parts of the course throughout the training season.
Upon registering, marathon participants will be provided with an 18-week customized online training plan that pushes out daily workouts and is designed by a coach specifically for your fitness level. You will have access to your coach with direct emails and at the weekly Saturday group runs and Wednesday workouts. Training will start in the fall and guide you through the holiday season.
What level am I?
Level Two: This is for people who have participated in races in the past, but are trying to get
ready to cover the event distance. Currently running or walking 3-4 days per week
Level Three: This is for avid runners looking to set a new personal best. Currently running 5-7 days per week.
- To ensure participants are prepared for their marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 6-7 miles at a maximum 15:00 min/mile by the time of the first group run on 11/2. If you are unable to complete this run, Atlanta Track Club recommends considering switching to the half marathon training program.
Date & Time
Starts November 2, 2019, 7:30 a.m.
The program will meet regularly at Atlanta Track Club with special sessions focusing on various sections of the course throughout the training season.
Registration Cut-Off Date
November 30, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- September 2Registration opens
- November 2, 7:30 a.m.First Saturday group run
- November 6, 6:00 p.m.First Wednesday workout
- March 1, 7:00 a.m.Race Day - 2020 Publix Atlanta Marathon
$160.00 - Training
Refund Policy - Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
*Refunds considered for medical reasons only. Must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to December 2, 2019. $25.00 processing fee will be retained. Athletes can transfer to the Half Marathon program until December 16, 2019 without cost.
- Weekly group runs with opportunity for one-on-one interactions with coaches
- Marathon Ambassadors: We will have a group of run lead ambassadors running 7-14 min/mile paces at the Saturday group runs.
- Mid-week Interval workouts at Piedmont Park
- Online Training log powered by Final Surge
- Once you register you will receive an email with instructions to sign up for the online training log.
- The dynamic workout plan is personalized to your fitness level and specific goal race and can be adjusted during the program
- You will receive daily workout email reminders
- Direct email access to a coach assigned to your specific goal event
- Weekly Training Email with training tip video content
- Entry into private Facebook Group for your goal race
7:30 a.m. Saturday Locations - Atlanta Track Club office, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
6:00 p.m. Wednesday Workout Location - Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Due to daylight hours practice will be moved to 5:45-7:15pm for December & January
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all training programs and events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!