2021 In-Training for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon
Atlanta's Thanksgiving Day tradition continues in 2021! While some are training for a personal record and others are working hard to earn their turkey, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon program is designed to meet your needs while training at home or in-person. The 12-week program combines structured long workouts with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a community or without having to leave your neighborhood.
In 2021, the In-Training for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Digital learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long workouts on Saturdays
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Individualized workouts to prepare you for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
- Double-wall stainless steel water bottle courtesy of Mizuno for new, in-person participants; returning participants get a sticker to add to your bottle to show your veteran status!
This training program is intended for participants aiming to complete the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon within the course limit of 3.5 hours or approximately 16 min/mile. We recommend that training participants be able to maintain 16 min/mile for at least 3-5 miles at the start of training. First time half marathoners and advanced runners are welcome!
Note: This training program does not include entry into the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon.
- $90.00 (Virtual)
- $135.00 (In-Person)
Registration Cuts closes on 9/20
Orientation - online at 7:00 p.m.
Regional, in-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long workouts begin
- Saturday Workout Location: In-person participants meet on Saturdays for long workouts. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive - 7:30 a.m.
- Wednesday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- TBD - Decatur, East Lake Marta Station (West Howard side), 2260 College Ave, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- TBD - Fowler Park, Cumming, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- TBD - Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Amy, Active Oval, Wednesdays - 5:45 p.m.
- TBD - Riverside Park, Roswell, Wednesdays - 6:30 a.m.
- TBD - Silver Comet Trail, Nickajack Elementary Trailhead, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- TBD - Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
$90.00, virtual option
$135.00, in-person option
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include entry into the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Amy will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions.
Sunday August 29 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
- Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m
- Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance
- Eden Meyer, Atlanta Track Club, Olympic Development Team Athlete, Assistant Coach - In-Training Programs
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!