2022 In-Training Fall Beginners 5K Program
Atlanta Track Club's 2022 In-Training Fall Beginners 5K Program is designed for beginner athletes with the goal of participating in and finishing their first 5K road race, the 2022 Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day 5K! The program is intended for both beginner runners and walkers and combines structured workouts while training at home or as a group at Atlanta Track Club headquarters.
This In-Training program is limited to 50 participants.
The virtual program is free to current Atlanta Track Club members. The in-person program is $25.00 for Atlanta Track Club members. For non-members, the cost of the virtual program is $25.00 and the in-person program is $50.00. If you are not yet a member, you can join here for just $40 as an individual to register as a member.
The 2022 In-Training Fall Beginners 5K Program features:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Online learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking subject matter experts including former beginners who were once where you're at
- In-person, midweek practices throughout the Atlanta area
- In-person, Saturday practices at Atlanta Track Club headquarters
- Training grounded in science and experience guided by Atlanta Track Club's coaching philosophy
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
This training program is for beginners aiming to complete their first 5K. While participants do not have to be consistently exercising prior to the program, all participants must be cleared by a medical professional that they are healthy enough to train.
Note: This In-Training program does not include entry into the 2022 Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day 5K. Register for the race here. We encourage you to make sure you have a current 2022 Atlanta Track Club Membership before you register for the race to ensure you receive the lowest price for the event.
In some cases, the program may be shortened for late registrants. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in training with Atlanta Track Club but need to reduce the length of the program.
- 5K (3.1 miles)
- Member in-person: $25.00
- Member virtual: FREE
- Non-member in-person: $50.00
- Non-member virtual: $25.00
Orientation, online at 7:00 p.m.
In-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday workouts begin
No in-person practice
Optional field trip, PNC Atlanta 5K
Field trip, Westside Park
- Saturday Workout Locations:
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive - 7:45 a.m.
- Saturday locations may rotate throughout the city to provide a variety of settings for long runs
- Wednesday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration. These locations are subject to change based on participation.
- Riverside Park, Roswell, Wednesdays - 6:20 a.m.
- Decatur, East Lake Marta Station (West Howard side), 2260 College Ave, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Active Oval or Dockside, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, Thursdays - 6:20 a.m.
- $25.00, Atlanta Track Club member in-person option
- FREE, Atlanta Track Club member virtual option
- $50.00, Non-member in-person option
- $25.00, Non-member virtual option
Program limited to 50 participants.
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration.
- This training program does not include entry into the 2022 Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day 5K.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will provide an overview of the program, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Sunday, September 25 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Become a member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
logo, company name