2022 In-Training for Fall Marathons
The 2022 fall marathon season is quickly approaching! Whether you're training for a personal best in Berlin or at Marine Corps, aim to finish your first marathon in Chicago or New York, or you want to stay in shape for the fall season, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for Fall Marathons program is designed to meet your needs while training in-person or at home. The 14-week program combines structured long runs with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a running and walking community or without even having to leave your neighborhood. You pick the marathon and we help you prepare!
In 2022, the In-Training for Fall Marathons program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Online learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking subject matter experts followed by Q&A
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long runs on Saturdays
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Individualized workouts to prepare you for the marathon of your choice
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
- Two Saturday field trips to run through different parts of Running City USA
- In-Training shirt for both in-person and virtual athletes. Only virtual participant shirts will be mailed.
While there are no specific event course limit paces for this training program because they vary by chosen marathon, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 14 min/mile for 10-13 miles at the start of training. This program is not intended for beginners.
Note: This training program does not include entry into the marathon for which you are training. There are no in-person training sessions during the months of June and July. All in-person training sessions begin in mid-August regardless of goal marathon.
- $150.00 (In-Person)
- $135.00 (Virtual)
Orientation, September marathons, e.g., Berlin - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, September marathons, e.g., Berlin
Orientation, October marathons, e.g., Chicago, Marine Corps - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, October marathons, e.g., Chicago, Marine Corps
Orientation, November marathons, e.g., New York City, Chickamauga - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, November marathons, e.g., New York City, Chickamauga
In-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long runs begin
Field trip, Fleet Feet Decatur
Labor Day Weekend, no in-person practice
No in-person practice
Optional field trip, PNC Atlanta 10 Miler
- Saturday Workout Locations:
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive - 7:15 a.m.
- Saturday locations may rotate throughout the city to provide a variety of settings for long runs
- Wednesday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration. These locations are subject to change based on participation.
- Riverside Park, Roswell, Wednesdays - 6:20 a.m.
- Decatur, East Lake Marta Station (West Howard side), 2260 College Ave, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Active Oval or Dockside, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, Thursdays - 6:20 a.m.
$135.00, virtual option
$150.00, in-person option
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include entry into the marathon for which you are training.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will provide an overview of the program, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions.
- Orientation for September marathons is Sunday, June 19 at 7:00 p.m.
- Orientation for October marathons is Tuesday, June 28 at 7:00 p.m.
- Orientation for November marathons is Sunday, July 31 at 7:00 p.m.
- All orientation sessions will be presented via Zoom
Bob Wells, Atlanta Track Club, Manager & Coach - In-Training Programs | Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance | Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!