2022 IN-TRAINING FOR PEACHTREE
2022 In-Training for Peachtree
If this is your first Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race, you are aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, or just trying to stay in shape during the spring and summer, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for Peachtree program is designed to meet your needs while training at home or in-person. The 11-week program combines structured long workouts with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a community or without having to leave your neighborhood.
In 2022, the In-Training for Peachtree program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Digital learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long run workouts on Saturdays at three locations
- Customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Workouts to prepare you for the AJC Peachtree Road Race or any summer 5K or 10K event
- Deals and discounts from running specialty stores and sponsors
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
While event course limit paces will not be applied to the training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18-20 min/mile for at least a mile at the start of training.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the AJC Peachtree Road Race.
Date & Time
- April 18, 2022
- In-Person: $105.00 | Virtual: $85.00
Orientation - online at 7:00 p.m.
In-Training workouts begin
In-person midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long run workouts begin
AJC Peachtree Road Race
- Saturday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Atlanta - Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324 - 7:15 a.m.
- Kennesaw - Big Peach Running Co. - Kennesaw, 1625 Ridenour Boulevard, Kennesaw, GA 30152 - 7:15 a.m.
- Peachtree Corners - PCBC, 4472 Peachtree Corners Circle, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092 - 7:15 a.m.
- Midweek Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, Thursdays - 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.
- Decatur, East Lake Marta Station (West Howard side), 2260 College Avenue, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Riverside Park, Roswell, Wednesdays - 6:30 a.m.
- Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Locations subject to change based on demand and participation.
$85.00, virtual option
$105.00, in-person option
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- * Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2022 AJC Peachtree Road Race.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Sunday, April 17 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Bob Wells, Atlanta Track Club, Manager & Coach - In-Training Programs | Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance | Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m
BECOME A MEMBER
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
Frequently Asked Questions
I am not technologically savvy. Will I be trained on how to use all of the digital tools in the program?
Yes! Orientation, online videos, downloadable documents, and more will take you through the process step-by-step to maximize your experience.
Do I have to type my workouts into Final Surge?
No, the platform will sync with your watch to allow for a seamless experience.
Customization and Coaching
What do you mean by customized or individualized coaching?
The program offers a variety of training levels based on mileage, experience, and goals. The program also provides the tools to customize your paces for easy runs and walks in addition to harder workouts such as tempo runs and speedwork. Participants have the ability to move training days based on their work and life schedules. While a certified coach will look after your training and keep you accountable, it is not a personal coaching program with unlimited access to the coach.
Are there opportunities for interactions with coaches?
Yes! Tuesday evenings often feature online education sessions including opportunities for questions and answers. Coaches and Run Leads, experienced volunteers who assist with the program, are also present at midweek and Saturday workout locations for in-person conversations. Your coach will also be available through email any time and in certain circumstances by phone.
Will I be able to schedule weekly one-on-one calls with my coach?
No, but you do you have unlimited digital correspondence and access at midweek and Saturday workouts and online educational sessions.
Are group interval/speedwork sessions included with this program?
Yes! The in-person program features group workouts at various locations throughout the city.
Are supported, group long runs sponsored by Atlanta Track Club included with this program?
Yes! The in-person program features an Atlanta and two northside locations for long runs and workouts.