2022 In-Training for Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon
Atlanta's Thanksgiving Day tradition continues in 2022! Whether you're training for a personal best or celebrating an annual tradition with family and friends, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon program is designed to meet your needs while training in-person or at home. The 12-week program combines structured long workouts with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a community or without having to leave your neighborhood.
In 2022, the In-Training for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Online learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking subject matter experts followed by Q&A
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long workouts on Saturdays
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Individualized workouts to prepare you for the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
- Two Saturday field trips to run through different parts of Running City USA
- In-Training shirt for both in-person and virtual athletes. Only virtual participant shirts will be mailed.
This training program is intended for participants aiming to complete the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon within the course limit of 3.5 hours or approximately 16 min/mile. We recommend that training participants be able to maintain 16 min/mile for at least 3-5 miles at the start of training. First time half marathoners and advanced runners are welcome!
Note: This training program does not include entry into the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon.
- Half Marathon
- $135.00 (In-Person)
- $115.00 (Virtual)
Orientation - online at 7:00 p.m.
In-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long workouts begin
No in-person practice
Optional field trip, PNC Atlanta 10 Miler
Field trip, Westside Park
- Saturday Workout Locations:
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive - 7:15 a.m.
- Saturday locations may rotate throughout the city to provide a variety of settings for long runs
- Wednesday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration. These locations are subject to change based on participation.
- Riverside Park, Roswell, Wednesdays - 6:20 a.m.
- Decatur, East Lake Marta Station (West Howard side), 2260 College Ave, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Active Oval or Dockside, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, Thursdays - 6:20 a.m.
$115.00, virtual option
$135.00, in-person option
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include entry into the Invesco QQQ Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will provide an overview of the program, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Sunday, August 28 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!