2023 In-Training for Fall Marathons
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
The 2023 fall marathon season is fast approaching! Whether you're training for a personal best in Berlin, going after a Boston qualifying time in Chicago, aiming to finish your first marathon in New York, or you want to maintain your fitness through the fall season, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for Fall Marathons program is designed to help you succeed. The 14-week program combines structured long runs with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a running community or without leaving your neighborhood. You pick the marathon, we help you prepare!
In 2023, the In-Training for Fall Marathons program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Certified coaches to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Online learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking subject matter experts followed by Q&A
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long runs on Saturdays
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Individualized workouts to prepare you for the marathon of your choice
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
- Two Saturday field trips to run through different parts of Running City USA
- In-Training shirt for both in-person and virtual athletes. Only virtual participant shirts will be mailed.
While there are no specific event course limit paces for this training program because they vary by target marathon, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 14 min/mile for 10-13 miles at the start of training. This program is not intended for beginners.
Note: This training program does not include entry into the marathon for which you are training. There are no in-person training sessions during the months of June and July. All in-person training sessions begin in mid-August regardless of goal marathon.
- $160.00 - In-person athlete
- $145.00 - Virtual/remote athlete
Orientation, September marathons, e.g., Berlin - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, September marathons, e.g., Berlin
Orientation, October marathons, e.g., Chicago, Marine Corps - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, October marathons, e.g., Chicago, Marine Corps
Orientation, November marathons, e.g., New York City, Chickamauga - online at 7:00 p.m.
Training begins, November marathons, e.g., New York City, Chickamauga
In-person, midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long runs begin
Labor Day Weekend, no in-person practice
Field trip, Location TBD
No in-person practice
Optional field trip, PNC Atlanta 10 Miler
- Saturday Workout Locations:
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 - 7:15 a.m.
- Saturday locations may rotate throughout the city to provide a variety of settings for long runs
- Wednesday Midweek Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Agnes Scott College Track, South McDonough Street, Decatur, GA 30030 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, 741 Connally Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 - 6:15 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School Track, 4664 North Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30338 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Dockside (or Active Oval), Atlanta, GA 30309 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Riverside Park, 575 Riverside Road, Roswell, GA 30075 - 6:15 a.m.
Locations subject to change based on demand and participation.
In-person athlete - $160.00
Virtual/remote athlete - $145.00
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- *Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include entry into the marathon for which you are training.
We will kickoff the program with a 60 minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will provide an overview of the program, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions.
- Orientation for September marathons is Sunday, June 18 at 7:00 p.m.
- Orientation for October marathons is Sunday, July 2 at 7:00 p.m.
- Orientation for November marathons is Sunday, July 30 at 7:00 p.m.
- All orientation sessions will be presented via Zoom
Bob Wells, Atlanta Track Club, Manager & Coach - In-Training Programs | Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance | Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
logo, company name