ATLANTA TRACK CLUB KICKS OFF FALL YOUTH RUNNING EVENTS WITH
BACK TO FOOTBALL RUN 5K AND PLAY 60 FUN RUN
Events to include free fun runs through Kilometer Kids
Atlanta Track Club’s fall youth running events kick off this weekend with the Back to Football Run 5K and Play 60 Fun Run. The season’s lineup includes both family-friendly distances at some of the organization’s signature events and free fun runs through Atlanta Track Club’s youth running program, Kilometer Kids.
Atlanta Track Club and Kilometer Kids aim to inspire and engage youth to become more active as well as help fight the childhood obesity epidemic. These events offer a fun, supportive environment to encourage kids to stay healthy through the sport of running.
“Through our growing portfolio of youth events, we hope to build healthy habits and develop the next generation of runners and walkers,” said Todd Liscomb, who oversees Atlanta Track Club’s youth running initiatives. “In addition to adding more options to include participants of all ages in Atlanta Track Club’s events, we’re also working to expand the Kilometer Kids program throughout the state of Georgia.”
The Back to Football Run 5K and Play 60 Fun Run will be hosted by Atlanta Track Club and the Atlanta Falcons on Saturday, September 14 at 8 a.m. at the Georgia Dome. The Back to Fooball Run 5K is a run/walk for ages 8 and older, while those ages 10 and under can participate in the Play 60 Fun Run, a 100 yard dash.
The fall youth running season includes:
- September 14 – Back to Football Run 5K and Play 60 Fun Run – Georgia Dome
- September 25 – Kilometer Kids Free Trail Fun Run – Grant Park (Recreation Center)
- October 9 – Kilometer Kids Free Fun Run – Grant Park (Confederate Ave. & Boulevard)
- October 23 – Kilometer Kids Free Fun Run – Gwinnett County TBD
- October 27 – Atlanta Marathon 5K and Fun Run presented by American Family Insurance– Atlantic Station
- November 6 – Kilometer Kids Free Fun Run – Grant Park (Confederate Ave. & Boulevard)
- November 28 –Thanksgiving Day 5K, Mashed Potato Mile and Gravy Gallop – Turner Field