ATLANTA – June 1, 2017 – Atlanta Track Club hosted its second town hall of 2017 on Wednesday, March 31. Approximately 30 members attended, and the event was also live-streamed on the Club’s Facebook page. The meeting served as an introduction to Meaghan Leon, the Club’s new membership manager, as well as an opportunity for members to learn about new Club initiatives.
Important Membership Dates
- July 1, 2017: 2018 membership drive begins. New members can secure 18 months of membership for the price of 12 months.
- July 4, 2017: The AJC Peachtree Road Race will hold a party for members at Park Tavern. This party includes one Yuengling beer for members 21 years or older.
- November 2017: 2018 membership renewals begin. Members will receive information on how to renew.
- January 19, 2018: Annual Social will be held at The Stave Room.
Important Membership Updates
- Atlanta Track Club’s online membership platform, Chronotrack, has merged with Athlinks. Event registration and the member log-in process should remain the same, but the interface will look slightly different. The Club will communicate all changes with its members.
- The 2018 membership item will be a Mizuno shirt.
- Recent additions to member benefits include: Discounted access to the Alter-G treadmill, 15% discount on Bauerfiend braces and supports, 20% discount on RoadID items
Atlanta Track Club is entering a new phase of strategic planning as its current three-year plan comes to an end in 2017. The Club’s core values of community, camaraderie and competition will remain the same and guide the planning process. In the next few weeks, a survey will be sent to members to learn more about what is on the minds of the organization’s membership to help guide this process. An early draft of the strategic plan is expected to be completed by early September.
- Wingfoot XC Classic (September 23, 2017): The community race will be held in the afternoon, and the middle and high school races will be held in the morning.
- Mercedes Benz Stadium 5K/Walk Like MADD (September 30, 2017): This event was formerly known as the Rise Up and Run 5K/Walk Like MADD. The event will now celebrate both teams that call the new Mercedes Benz Stadium home: The Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta United FC. Online registration will open soon.
- PNC Atlanta 10 Miler (October 22, 2017): There will be some course changes to eliminate runner traffic in both directions on Peachtree Road and provide better access to Piedmont Hospital.
- Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon & 5K (November 23, 2017): The 2017 event will be held at the previous location (formerly Turner Field).
- Volunteer communication improvements: Atlanta Track Club will soon provide volunteer tips for various positions. This effort is intended to improve communication between volunteer coordinators and volunteers as well as to clearly outline expectations of volunteers on race day.
- Strollers: Atlanta Track Club is committed to adding a stroller division to an event in 2018. More information will be communicated when it is available.
- Event policies: Atlanta Track Club has added more detailed event policies to its website, and a link to that information is included in every participant email. If members have a question or comment about event policies, they can call or email us.
One new goal in the new strategic plan will be to bridge the gap between new runners in the Kilometer Kids program and high school runners. Some ways to accomplish that goal include our overnight cross country camp for middle and high schoolers, a competitive cross country youth team for middle or high school athletes without an organized school program, and a youth running series similar to the Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare.