What is a Crew Chief?
Atlanta Track Club crew chiefs are volunteer leaders who oversee important operational areas before our events and on race day. Examples of operational areas include start waves, water stops, medals, and food. Crew chiefs are the foundation of a successful event. As Atlanta Track Club representatives, crew chiefs serve as a bridge between Atlanta Track Club and the thousands of volunteers who donate their time to our events. Crew chiefs communicate essential details to the volunteers in their operational area in a timely manner and provide them with the knowledge to do their job effectively.
Crew Chief Requirements
- Act as representatives of Atlanta Track Club and maintain a courteous and professional demeanor at all times. Sign and adhere to Atlanta Track Club’s Code of Conduct.
- Show interest in a leadership role; be enthusiastic and comfortable giving instructions and delegating tasks.
- Volunteer at our smaller events before becoming a crew chief for our signature events (Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon, AJC Peachtree Road Race, PNC Atlanta 10 Miler & 5K, and Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon & 5K).
- Commit to complete training for role during future Atlanta Track Club events and attend mandatory crew chief meetings.
- Communicate with volunteers in a timely manner and have a firm grasp of email communication.
- Be comfortable learning our volunteer module to access volunteer information and deliver communications.
- Help recruit volunteers for your volunteer job and the event in general.
- Ensure that your volunteers are always safe, happy, and have the knowledge they need to fulfill their assignment.
- Help us prepare for the future: identify and train new leaders in our volunteer community.
- Provide honest feedback on our events and the volunteer experience.
Interested in Becoming a Crew Chief?
If you're interested in becoming a crew chief, please let us know! Simply complete the interest form below and either email it back to us at [email protected] or mail it in! Please review our Code of Conduct, as well.