Our spring marathon and half marathon training takes place in the winter/spring and prepares participants for the Publix Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon on March 19, 2017. The program is great for novice and intermediate runners.
Upon registering, marathon participants will be provided with an 18-week training schedule/log to guide you through the holiday season and prepare you for the regular group runs starting in January. To ensure participants are prepared for their marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 8-10 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably by the start of the January group runs. The pre-training plan provided at the kick-off event will support you in reaching this distance and pace requirement by the start of the group runs.
The half marathon program is a 16-week program. To ensure participants are prepared for their Half Marathon, all registrants must be able to complete at the start of the program 5-6 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably.
Specific 2017 Dates:
- Registration Opens: November 1- click to Register
- Kick Off Event- November 12 – Join fall training run at 7:00 a.m.
- Pre-Season Group Runs –3 supported group runs - geared towards marathoner's scheduled mileage
- Nov. 12 – 4-6 miles - Armour Drive – 7:00 a.m.
- Nov. 19 – 5-7 miles - Armour Drive – 7:00 a.m.
- Dec. 13 – 6-8 miles - Phidippides - 6:00 p.m.
- Dec. 17 - 6-8 miles - West Stride - 8:30 a.m.
- Saturday Group Training Schedule: 7:30 a.m.
- 12 Saturdays, January 7th - March 11th
- Midweek Workout Schedule: 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays, January 18th – March 8th ?
Events incorporated into training: (register independetly for the events listed below, a code will be provided when race registration opens)
- 1/1 - Resolution Run 4 Miler, One Mile - free with training
- 1/21 - Peachtree City 8K & 15K – free with training
- 2/11 - Hearts and Soles 5K – free with training
- Saturday Locations – 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - unless joining event*
- Midweek Workout Location: Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- $125.00 - Training only
- $200.00 – Mizuno Upgrade Package (includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference)
- $75 Upgrade: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries you can upgrade anytime during the month of January and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store by bringing in your e-receipt.
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable
- Refunds considered for medical reasons only, must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to 1/9/17. $25 processing fee will be retained.
- Event Registration