Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Toe the first start line of 2018 with Atlanta Track Club at the Resolution Run. This event features a 5K, One Mile and 50m Dash, and is a great way to get the entire family moving. With a start/finish line conveniently located in Piedmont park, this event is easy to access. The Resolution Run is the best way to get your 2018 off to a healthy start!
Atlanta Track Club events are held rain or shine. However, the threat of lightning or other severe weather in the vicinity of the event may result in a delay or cancellation. For full details on our event policies, including weather, refunds and cancellations, click here.
Date & Time
January 1, 10:00 a.m.
Piedmont Park - 10th & Charles Allen entrance
- 5K (ages 8 & older)
- One Mile (ages 6 & older)
- 50m Dash (ages 6 & under)
- Long sleeve Mizuno shirt
- One Mile & 50m Dash:
- finisher's medal (ages 14 & under)
- $20 through 11/30/17
- $25 through 12/15/17
- $35 through 12/28/17
- $40 race day
- One Mile:
- $10 through 12/28/17
- $10 race day
- 50m Dash:
- FREE through 12/28/17
- FREE race day
Registration Cut-Off Date
December 28, 2017 at 11:59 pm
Event Day Schedule
- 8:30 a.m. Number pick-up/event day registration opens
- 9:30 p.m. Member photo near start line
- 9:45 a.m. 50m Dash start
- 10:00 a.m. Deadline to register, be timed & in results
- 10:00 a.m. One Mile start
- 10:30 a.m. 5K start
- 10:45 a.m. 5K start line closes
- 11:00 a.m. One Mile awards ceremony
- 11:20 a.m. 5K awards ceremony
- 11:45 a.m. 5K course closes
Event Day Registration
Cost: cash or credit card only (unless event sells out)
- 5K - $40
- One Mile - FREE (ages 6 - 14); $10 (ages 14 & older)
- 50m Dash - FREE
Deadline to register and be timed: 9:30 a.m.
T-shirt sizing and availability cannot be guaranteed for those registering on race day.
Timing & Results
Unofficial results are available online the afternoon of the event. Results are made official approximately two weeks after the event, after all inquires have been processed.
Your timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
Course time limit:
- 5K: 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute per mile pace)
- One Mile: 30 minutes
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no headphones, pets, or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course.
- 5K: Ages 8 & older
- One Mile: 6 & older
- 50m Dash: 6 & under
Number/t-shirt pick-up will take place the morning of the event beginning at 8:30 a.m.
If you would like to switch distances between the One Mile and 5K, please email [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, December 27. You can also change distances on race day at the Race Day Registration table. All changes must be made by 9:30 a.m. on race day. Participants who switch distances mid-race will be disqualified and removed from results.
Use of public transportation (MARTA) or rideshare, such as Lyft, is highly encouraged as parking is limited and will be an additional cost. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Parking in the Sage Parking Deck is not encouraged for those running the One Mile or 50m Dash. Consider the Park Tavern gravel lot or street parking instead.
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - NO EXIT from the Sage Parking Deck due to overlap with the 5K course
- After 11:00 a.m. - Exit on level 5 only (Botanical Gardens exit to Piedmont Ave.)
- After 11:30 a.m. - Exits on both level 5 (Botanical Gardens/Piedmont Ave.) and level 1 (Monroe Dr) will reopen
Public Transportation is highly encouraged. The event is located closest to the Midtown & Arts Center MARTA stations on the Red & Gold Lines. A Gear Check tent will be available for those participants who utilize MARTA.
The following awards will be given for both the 5K and One Mile:
- Overall Male and Female Awards*
- Age Grade Male and Female Awards*
- Age Group Awards for the top three males and females in each age group (14 & under, five-year increments up to 90+)**
*Gun time /**Net time
Resolution Run 5K and One Mile is the first event in the 2018 Atlanta Track Club Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare. Both distances are included in 2018 Grand Prix scoring. For more information on the Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare, click here.
Strollers will be allowed in the Walker/Stroller wave of the One Mile run only. This is a non-competitive wave and those will strollers are not allowed to compeitively race the event. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no pets or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollrs, roller/inline skates and bicycles are permitted on the 5K course.
Youth Running Series
Atlanta Track Club's Kilometer Kids is a free, game oriented running program designed to get kids ages 14 and under active! The Kilometer Kids mission is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to area youth through a running-based program, empowering children with the knowledge they need to make smart lifestyle choices.
As Kilometer Kids celebrates 10 years, Atlanta Track Club is introducing the Kilometer Kids Youth Running Series which provides children ages 14 and under with 20 events to keep kids moving all year long – 19 of which are free. Resolution Run is the kickoff of this series and includes both a one mile and 50m dash event. See upcoming events and learn more here!
Volunteer with us
Interested in giving back to the sport of running? Come volunteer with us! To learn more, please email [email protected].
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email [email protected].
Become A Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!