Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Toe the first start line of 2019 with Atlanta Track Club at the Resolution Run. This event features a 5K, One Mile and 50m Dash, and is a great way to get the entire family moving. With a start/finish line conveniently located in Piedmont park, this event is easy to access. The Resolution Run is the best way to get your 2019 off to a healthy start!
Atlanta Track Club events are held rain or shine. However, the threat of lightning or other severe weather in the vicinity of the event may result in a delay or cancellation. For full details on our event policies, including weather, refunds and cancellations, click here.
IMPORTANT PARKING INFORMATION FOR RACE DAY:
- MARTA or a ride share, such as Lyft, is highly encouraged as parking limitations exist as follows:
- One Mile & 50m Dash participants - DO NOT PARK in the Sage Parking Deck as you will be unable to exit until after 11:00 a.m.
- Sage Parking Deck
- $5 CASH ONLY
- NO EXIT between 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. due to overlap with the 5K course
- EXIT ONLY ONTO PIEDMONT AVE from level 5 (Botanical Gardens) between 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- All gates open at 11:30 a.m.
- Park Tavern (applicable fees apply)
- Grady High School - 8th Street Lot (applicable fees apply)
- Street Parking
Event Day Schedule
- 8:30 a.m. Number pick-up/event day registration opens
- 9:30 a.m. Member photo near start line
- 9:45 a.m. Dash start
- 10:00 a.m. Deadline to register, be timed & in results
- 10:00 a.m. Mile start
- 10:30 a.m. 5K start
- 10:45 a.m. 5K start line closes
- 11:00 a.m. Mile awards ceremony
- 11:30 a.m. 5K awards ceremony
- 11:45 a.m. 5K course closes
Event Day Registration
Cost: cash or credit card only (unless event sells out)
- 5K - $40
- Mile - FREE (ages 6 - 14); $10 (ages 15 & older)
- Dash - FREE
Deadline to register and be timed: 9:30 a.m.
T-shirt sizing and availability cannot be guaranteed for those registering on race day.
Timing & Results
Unofficial results are available online the afternoon of the event. Results are made official approximately two weeks after the event, after all inquires have been processed.
Your timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
Course time limit:
- 5K: 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute per mile pace)
- Mile: 30 minutes
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no headphones, pets, or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course.
- 5K: Ages 8 & older
- One Mile: 6 & older
- 50m Dash: 6 & under
Early number & t-shirt pickup:
Monday, December 31
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Atlanta Track Club Office
201 Armour Drive NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Number/t-shirt pick-up will also take place the morning of the event beginning at 8:30 a.m.
If you would like to switch distances between the One Mile and 5K, please email [email protected] by 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 31. You can also change distances on race day at the Race Day Registration table. All changes must be made by 9:30 a.m. on race day. Participants who switch distances mid-race will be disqualified and removed from results.
Use of public transportation (MARTA) or rideshare, such as Lyft, is highly encouraged as parking is limited and will be an additional cost. Carpooling is encouraged.
- Parking in the Sage Parking Deck is not encouraged for those running the One Mile or 50m Dash. Consider the Park Tavern gravel lot or street parking instead.
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. - NO EXIT from the Sage Parking Deck due to overlap with the 5K course
- After 11:00 a.m. - Exit on level 5 only (Botanical Gardens exit to Piedmont Ave.)
- After 11:30 a.m. - Exits on both level 5 (Botanical Gardens/Piedmont Ave.) and level 1 (Monroe Dr) will reopen
Public Transportation is highly encouraged. The event is located closest to the Midtown & Arts Center MARTA stations on the Red & Gold Lines. A Gear Check tent will be available for those participants who utilize MARTA.
The following awards will be given for both the 5K and One Mile:
- Overall Male and Female Awards*
- Age Grade Male and Female Awards**
- Age Group Awards for the top three males and females in each age group (14 & under, five-year increments up to 90+)**
*Gun time /**Net time
What is age grading?
Age grading is a process used to compare race performances across different ages and genders. Age grading is calculated by using data tables produced by the World Association of Veteran Athletics to measure the fraction of your race time that is equivalent to the predicted all-time best for your age and sex. More simply stated, your age-grade percentage score is calculated by dividing the predicted best ever performance by your race time. So as an example, if you are a 52-year-old woman who has run a 5k road race in 25:16, and the predicted all-time best for a 52 year old female is 16:53, your age grade percent is 16:53 ÷ 25:16 = 66.8%.
By providing finishers with a percentage value score, age grading levels the playing field and allows individuals to be scored against each other more fairly. This age graded percentage score not only enables you to compare performances across different ages and sexes, but also allows you to track your performances over time, identify your best events, and set goals for future races.
Resolution Run 5K and One Mile is the first event in the 2019 Atlanta Track Club Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare. Both distances are included in 2019 Grand Prix scoring. For more information on the Grand Prix Series presented by Piedmont Healthcare, click here.
Strollers will be allowed in the Walker/Stroller wave of the One Mile run only. This is a non-competitive wave and those will strollers are not allowed to compeitively race the event. For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no pets or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollrs, roller/inline skates and bicycles are permitted on the 5K course.
Youth Running Series
Atlanta Track Club's Kilometer Kids is a free, game oriented running program designed to get kids ages 14 and under active! The Kilometer Kids mission is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to area youth through a running-based program, empowering children with the knowledge they need to make smart lifestyle choices.
As Kilometer Kids celebrates 10 years, Atlanta Track Club is introducing the Kilometer Kids Youth Running Series which provides children ages 14 and under with 20 events to keep kids moving all year long – 19 of which are free. Resolution Run is the kickoff of this series and includes both a one mile and 50m dash event. See upcoming events and learn more here!
Athletes with Disabilities
In order to serve all our athletes, Atlanta Track Club offers opportunities for Athletes with Disabilities (AWD). If you are an AWD and interested in participating in Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon, 5K and One Mile, please email [email protected], to discuss what reasonable accommodations can be made based on your specific needs. Atlanta Track Club officials will provide reasonable accommodation to Athletes with Disabilities on an individualized and event by event basis.
Volunteer with us
Interested in giving back to the sport of running? Come volunteer with us! To learn more and to register, please visit https://www.atlantatrackclub.org/volunteer. For questions about volunteering, email [email protected].
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email [email protected].
Become A Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!