2023 IN-TRAINING FOR PEACHTREE
Registration for 2024 In-Training for Peachtree will open in the late February / early March 2024 timeframe.
The 54th Running of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race is fast approaching. If this is your first Peachtree, you're aiming for a top 1,000 finisher mug, or focusing on your fitness during the spring and summer, Atlanta Track Club's In-Training for Peachtree program is designed to meet your needs while training at home or in-person. The 11-week training program combines structured long workouts with additional midweek workouts to help you reach your goals with the support of a community or without having to leave your neighborhood.
The 2023 In-Training for Peachtree program will feature:
- In-person and virtual options
- Atlanta Track Club Certified Run Leads to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Virtual learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking experts
- Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger long run workouts on Saturdays at multiple locations
- Customized training levels to meet your fitness, experience, and goals
- Workouts to prepare you for The Peachtree or any summer 5K or 10K event
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
While event course limit paces will not be applied to the training program, we recommend that training participants be able to maintain 18-20 min/mile for at least a mile at the start of training.
Note: This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2023 Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race.
Date & Time
- April 17, 2023
- In-Person: $115.00 | Virtual: $90.00
Orientation - online at 7:00 p.m.
In-Training workouts begin
In-person midweek workouts begin
In-person, Saturday, long workouts begin
Optional field trip No. 1 (Run with Maud 5K Run/Walk)
No in-person practice (Memorial Day Weekend)
Field trip No. 2 (Armour Day)
Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race
- Saturday Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Atlanta Track Club Headquarters, 201 Armour Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 - 7:15 a.m.
- REI Alpharetta, 7531 North Point Parkway, Alpharetta, GA 30022 - 7:15 a.m.
- REI Kennesaw, 740 Barrett Parkway, Kennesaw, GA 30144 - 7:15 a.m.
- South Atlanta , Atlanta BeltLine Westside Trail at Lee + White, 1000 White Street SW, Atlanta, GA 30310 - 7:15 a.m.
- Wednesday Midweek Workout Locations: In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Agnes Scott College Track, South McDonough Street, Decatur, GA 30030 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, 741 Connally Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 - 6:15 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School Track*, 4664 North Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30338 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Dockside (or Active Oval), Atlanta, GA 30309 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Riverside Park, 575 Riverside Road, Roswell, GA 30075 - 6:15 a.m.
- Swift-Cantrell Park, 3140 Old 41 Highway NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144 - 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
* Peachtree Middle School's track is currently undergoing repair. If the repairs are not complete by the first Wednesday midweek workout on April 19, Peachtree Middle School athletes will be asked to meet at an alternate midweek location for a week or two.
Locations subject to change based on demand and participation.
In-Person - $115.00
Virtual - $90.00
- Refund Policy: Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
- * Refunds are for medical reasons only and must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to the close of registration on May 1. A $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
- This training program does not include guaranteed entry into the 2023 Atlanta Journal-Constitution Peachtree Road Race.
We will kick off the program with a 60-minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will explain the training program's schedule, set expectations, provide an overview of Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. Sunday, April 16 at 7:00 p.m. on Zoom.
Bob Wells, Atlanta Track Club, Manager & Coach - In-Training Programs | Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance | Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m
BECOME A MEMBER
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!
Frequently Asked Questions
I am not technologically savvy. Will I be trained on how to use all of the digital tools in the program?
Yes! Orientation, online videos, downloadable documents, and more will take you through the process step-by-step to maximize your experience.
Do I have to type my workouts into Final Surge?
No, the platform will sync with your watch to allow for a seamless experience.
Customization and Coaching
What do you mean by customized or individualized coaching?
The program offers a variety of training levels based on mileage, experience, and goals. The program also provides the tools to customize your paces for easy runs and walks in addition to harder workouts such as tempo runs and speedwork. Participants have the ability to move training days based on their work and life schedules. While a certified coach will look after your training and keep you accountable, it is not a personal coaching program with unlimited access to the coach.
Are there opportunities for interactions with coaches?
Yes! Tuesday evenings often feature online education sessions including opportunities for questions and answers. Coaches and Run Leads, experienced volunteers who assist with the program, are also present at midweek and Saturday workout locations for in-person conversations. Your coach will also be available through email any time and in certain circumstances by phone.
Will I be able to schedule weekly one-on-one calls with my coach?
No, but you do you have unlimited digital correspondence and access at midweek and Saturday workouts and online educational sessions.
Are group interval/speedwork sessions included with this program?
Yes! The in-person program features group workouts at various locations throughout the city.
Are supported, group long runs sponsored by Atlanta Track Club included with this program?
Yes! The in-person program features an Atlanta and two northside locations for long runs and workouts.