Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club has actively supported High School Cross Country and Track & Field since the organization was established in 1964. Founders of our organization were members of the Metropolitan Atlanta Track Coaches Association whose primary focus was to honor outstanding high school athletes at an annual awards banquet, a tradition we are honored to continue. In addition we introduced new initiatives and events for high school athletes and worked to highlight the sport in the region with the Wingfoot XC Classic, Wingfoot Mile Invitational and a summer camp.
All -Metro Award Banquets
Atlanta Track Club is proud to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of All-Metro student-athletes and their supporting coaches with our end of season awards banquets and All-Metro team title. Each of the All-Metro athletes will be recognized for their extraordinary seasons at the All-Metro Banquet and select All-Metro honorees will receive a scholarship from Atlanta Track Club. Honorees are selected based on an updated, calculated, ranking system with the input of coaches and the high school running community.
- 2017 All-Metro Cross Country Banquet - Tuesday, December 5 - more information
- Past All-Metro Award Recipients
Each year at the All-Metro Track & Field Banquet, Atlanta Track Club and Atlanta Track Club Foundation announces its largest scholarships, the Patty Foell and Hawthorne Wesley Scholarships for seniors who excelled in running during their high school career.
Scholarship nominations can only be made by high school coaches. Nominations accepted during the academic year through mid-May
- Patty Foell Scholarship -The Atlanta Track Club Foundation grants a $2,500 college scholarship to a Female Metro Atlanta High School Senior in memory of Patty Foell. 2018 Nomination form
- Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship -Started in honor of the Atlanta Track Club’s 50th Anniversary, Atlanta Track Club grants a $2,500 college scholarship to a Male Metro Atlanta High School graduating Senior. The scholarship is named in honor of founding member Hawthorne Wesley, and his dedication to high school running. 2018 Nomination form
Georgia High School Association (GHSA)
Atlanta Track Club is a long-standing supporter of the GHSA and their objectives to promote, standardize and encourage participation in athletics, and to promote sportsmanship and an appreciation through Region and State competitions.
- Presenting sponsor of GHSA Cross Country State Championship
- Presenting sponsor of GHSA Track and Field State Championship
Georgia Track & Field Cross Country Coaches Association
- Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Clinic hosted by Atlanta Track Club in partnership with Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Association. January 12 and 13, 2018, registration will open on November 15, click to learn more
- Sponsor of Team Georgia at Foot Locker Cross Country Regional. Atlanta Track Club provides a commemorative kit for the participating athletes in the south regional annual event and is part of the selection committee.
High School and Middle School Event Calendar
- Jan 12-13Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Clinic
- Jan 28Georgia Indoor Pole Vault State Championships
- May 1- 29All Comers Track & Field Meets
- May 19 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Peachtree Junior
- May 22Wingfoot Mile- middle school and high school divisions
- June 5-12All Comers Track & Field Meets
- June 6All-Metro High School Track & Field Banquet
- July 22-27Atlanta Track Club Cross Country Camp - Berry College
- Sept 22Wingfoot XC Classic - Cartersville
- Dec 4All-Metro High School Cross Country Banquet
Wingfoot XC Classic
Save the date for the 2018 Wingfoot XC Classic on September 22, 2018. The fourth annual Wingfoot XC Classic will feature One Mile, 3K and 5K races on grass, dirt and gravel. The course will be a unique single loop with traditional European cross country elements such as hay bales or logs. The event is open to middle school, high school, and collegiate cross country teams as well as the general public.