Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club has actively supported High School Cross Country and Track & Field since the organization was established in 1964. Founders of our organization were members of the Metropolitan Atlanta Track Coaches Association whose primary focus was to honor outstanding high school athletes at an annual awards banquet, a tradition we are honored to continue. In addition we introduced new initiatives and events for high school athletes and worked to highlight the sport in the region with the Wingfoot XC Classic, Wingfoot Mile Invitational and a summer camp.
Powerade All -Metro Award Banquets
Atlanta Track Club is proud to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of All-Metro student-athletes and their supporting coaches with our end of season awards banquets and All-Metro team title. Each of the All-Metro athletes will be recognized for their extraordinary seasons at the Powerade All-Metro Banquet and select All-Metro honorees will receive a scholarship from Atlanta Track Club. Honorees are selected based on an updated, calculated, ranking system with the input of coaches and the high school running community.
- 2018 Powerade All-Metro Cross Country Banquet - Tuesday December 4, 2018
- 2018 Powerade All-Metro Track & Field Banquet
- Past All-Metro Award Recipients
Each year at the Powerade All-Metro Track & Field Banquet, Atlanta Track Club and Atlanta Track Club Foundation announces the Patty Foell and Hawthorne Wesley Scholarships for seniors who excelled in running during their high school career.
Scholarship nominations can only be made by high school coaches. Nominations are accepted during the academic year through mid-May
- Patty Foell Scholarship -The Atlanta Track Club Foundation grants a $2,500 college scholarship to a Female Metro Atlanta High School Senior in memory of Patty Foell. 2019 Nomination form
- Hawthorne Wesley Scholarship -Started in honor of the Atlanta Track Club’s 50th Anniversary, Atlanta Track Club grants a $2,500 college scholarship to a Male Metro Atlanta High School graduating Senior. The scholarship is named in honor of founding member Hawthorne Wesley, and his dedication to high school running. 2019 Nomination form
Georgia High School Association (GHSA)
Atlanta Track Club is a long-standing supporter of the GHSA and their objectives to promote, standardize and encourage participation in athletics, and to promote sportsmanship and an appreciation through Region and State competitions.
- Presenting sponsor of GHSA Cross Country State Championship
- Presenting sponsor of GHSA Track and Field State Championship
Georgia Track & Field Cross Country Coaches Association
- Support the annual Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Clinic hosted in January
- Sponsor of Team Georgia at Foot Locker Cross Country Regional. Atlanta Track Club provides a commemorative kit for the participating athletes in the south regional annual event and is part of the selection committee.
High School and Middle School Event Calendar
- Dec 42018- All-Metro High School Cross Country Banquet
- Jan 11-12Georgia Track & Field and Cross Country Coaches Clinic- Marist
- Jan 27Georgia Indoor Pole Vault State Championships
- May 7- 28All Comers Track & Field Meets
- May 21Wingfoot Mile- middle school and high school divisions
- June 4-18All Comers Track & Field Meets
- June 5All-Metro High School Track & Field Banquet
- Jul 3Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Peachtree Jr
- July 14-19Atlanta Track Club Cross Country Camp - Young Harris College
- Sept 21Wingfoot XC Classic - Cartersville
- Dec 32019 All-Metro High School Cross Country Banquet
Wingfoot XC Classic
Save the date for the 2019 Wingfoot XC Classic on September 21, 2019. The fifth annual Wingfoot XC Classic will feature 3K and 5K distances for middle school, high school, and community runners. The course feature it’s signature hay bale jumps and unique course layout that is one of the most spectator friendly courses in Georgia. Join in on Georgia’s Largest Cross Country meet this fall by running, spectating, or volunteering.