2024 In-Training Spring Beginners 5K Program
Registration for this In-Training program is closed
NEW YEAR! NEW YOU! Atlanta Track Club's 2024 In-Training Spring Beginners 5K Program is designed for beginner athletes with the goal of participating in and finishing their first 5K road race, the 2024 Publix Atlanta 5K! The program is intended for both beginner runners and walkers and includes progressive structured workouts that will get you 5K and race day ready. You have the option to train in-person with other beginner athletes or on your own as a virual/remote athlete.
The 2024 In-Training Spring Beginners 5K Program features:
- Training grounded in science developed by Atlanta Track Club's High Performance Team
- In-Training Certified Coaches to coach and mentor you throughout your training
- In-person and virtual/remote training options
Small group workouts throughout the city during the week and larger group workouts at Atlanta Track Club on Saturdays
Online learning opportunities on Tuesday evenings at 7:30 p.m. led by Atlanta's running and walking subject matter experts including former beginners who were once where you're at
Daily email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
This training program is for beginners aiming to complete their first 5K. While participants do not have to be consistently exercising prior to the program, all participants must be cleared by a medical professional that they are healthy enough to train.
Note: This In-Training program does not include entry into the 2024 Publix Atlanta 5K. Register for the race here. We encourage you to make sure you have a current 2024 Atlanta Track Club Membership before you register for the race to ensure you receive the lowest price for the event.
In some cases, the program may be shortened for late registrants. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in training with Atlanta Track Club but need to reduce the length of the program.
- 5K (3.1 miles)
- $65.00 - In-person athlete
- $55.00 - Virtual/remote athlete
Early December 2023
In-person midweek workouts begin
In-person Saturday workouts begin
2024 U.S. Olympic Team Trials - Marathon watch party and potluck following practice
Course preview field trip, Home Depot Backyard
Saturday, February 24, 7:30 a.m.
2024 Publix Atlanta 5K RACE DAY!
Saturday Workout Location:
- Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324 - 7:15 a.m.
- Course preview field trip, Home Depot Backyard, February 10 - 7:15 a.m.
Wednesday Midweek Workout Locations:
In-person participants select one location during registration.
- Agnes Scott College Track, South McDonough Street, Decatur, GA 30030 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Cheney Stadium with Coach Bob, 741 Connally Street SE, Atlanta, GA 30315 - 6:15 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School Track, 4664 North Peachtree Road, Atlanta, GA 30338 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Piedmont Park with Coach Bob, Dockside (or Active Oval), Atlanta, GA 30309 - 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Azalea Park, 203 Azalea Drive, Roswell, GA 30075 - 6:15 a.m.
Locations subject to change based on demand and participation.
In-person athlete - $65.00
Virtual/remote athlete - $55.00
NEW IN-TRAINING REFUND POLICY
In-Training registration is non-refundable unless you purchase Refundable Protection when you register for In-Training. If purchased and you're unable to start the training program for one of the covered reasons, Refundable Protection enables you to receive a 100% refund of your registration fee (minus processing fees and donations) within 10 business days of submitting a claim. Please read and learn what specific events are covered by Refundable Protection here.
Note: Refundable Protection is only applicable if the qualifying event (illness, injury, etc.) occurs before the first day of training. If the qualifying event happens on or after the first day of training, the athlete is not eligible for a refund. The first day of training is the Training begins date under Program Schedule above; not the first in-person practice.
- This training program does not include entry into the 2024 Publix Atlanta 5K. You must register for the 2024 Publix Atlanta 5K separately. You can register for the race here.
We kickoff the program with a 60-minute online orientation in which Coach Bob will provide an overview of the program, explain Final Surge and how to use it, and answer your training questions.
When: Saturday, December 30 at 12:30 p.m.*
Where: Zoom. The link to the Zoom meeting will be included in your welcome email from Coach Bob the week before your training begins.
* Orientation is on Saturday instead of Sunday due to the New Year's Day holiday. Orientation will also be recorded and shared the following week.
In-Training Certified Coaches and Run Leads
Eric Heintz, Director - High Performance, Atlanta Track Club
Become a member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on events and programs. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!