Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Our spring marathon and half marathon combined training takes place in the winter/spring and prepares participants for the Publix Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon on March 18, 2018. The program is great for novice and intermediate runners.
- Marathon Participants: Upon registering, marathon participants will be provided with an 18-week training schedule/log to guide you through the holiday season and prepare you for the regular group runs starting in January. To ensure participants are prepared for their marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 8-10 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably by the start of the January group runs. The pre-training plan provided at the kick-off event will support you in reaching this distance and pace requirement by the start of the group runs.
- Half Marathon Participants: The half marathon program is a 16-week program. To ensure participants are prepared for their Half Marathon, all registrants must be able to complete at the start of the program 5-6 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably.
Kick-Off Event- November 11, 2017 7:00 a.m.
Join our fall training on Saturday, November 11th for a group run (6 miles), opportunity to pick up your training log and ask questions. Location: 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
Date & Time
Starts November 11, 2017, 7:00 a.m.
201 Armour Drive, Atlanta, 30324
- Half Marathon
- See below
Registration Cut-Off Date
January 14, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
- Nov 1Registration opens
- Nov 11, 7:00 a.m. Kick-off event - Armour
- Nov 15 - Mar 14, 6:30 p.m. Wednesday workouts
- Nov 18, 7:00 a.m. Pre-season group run - Historic Fourth Ward Skate Park
- Dec 2, 7:30 a.m.Group Run - Fleet Feet Decatur
- Dec 9, 7:30 a.m.Group run - West Stride
- Dec 16, 7:30 a.m.Pre-season group run - Armour
- Jan 1- Kick OffResolution Run 5K and One Mile
- Jan 6 - Mar 10, 7:30 a.m. Saturday runs
- Jan 13, 7:30 a.m.Group Run - Fleet Feet Decatur
- Feb 10Hearts & Souls 5K - DeKalb
- Feb 17Southside 12K - College Park
- March 19, 7:00 a.m.Race Day - 2017 Publix Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon
$125.00 - Training only
$200.00 – Mizuno Upgrade Package (includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference) - shoes must be redeemed before March 15, 2018
$75 Upgrade: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries you can upgrade during the month of January and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store. - click to Upgrade
Refund Policy - Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
*Refunds considered for medical reasons only. Must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to January 14, 2018. $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
Participating Specialty Running Stores: Mizuno shoes can be redeemed at Phidippides, West Stride or participating Fleet Feet stores in Decatur, Johns Creek or Lawrenceville, with proof of purchase.
- Pre-Season Group Runs – 4 supported group runs - geared towards marathoner's scheduled mileage
- November 11, 7:00 a.m. - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 – 6 miles
- November 18, 7:00 a.m. - Historic Fourth Ward Skate Park– 7 miles
- December 9, 7:30 a.m. – West Stride -10 miles
- December 16, 7:30 a.m. - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - 11-12 miles
- Kick Off Event - January 1, 2018 - Resolution Run
- Saturday Locations - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - unless joining event*
- January 6 - March 10
- Wednesday Workout Locations - Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- November 15 - March 14
- Training developed by a full-time professional coach
- Weekly structured group runs led by certified coaches and trained run leads
- Mid-week speed/hill and cross training workouts included
- Training log to customize to your event and fitness level
- Seasonal performance shirt
- Mizuno upgrade package option that includes Mizuno running shoes
- Nutrition support from Good Measure Meals
Events Included in Training
The following Atlanta Track Club events are included FREE with training: (register independently for the events listed below, a code will be provided when race registration opens)
- January 1, 2018 - Resolution Run 5K, One Mile and 50m Dash
- February 10, 2018 - Hearts and Soles 5K – Georgia State University/Perimeter College Decatur Campus
- February 17, 2018 - Southside 12K - College Park
GOOD MEASURE MEALS - Benefits
- Nutrition tips and recipes throughout training log and weekly e-newsletter
- Healthy pre and post run fuel at first group training run of each month
- Discounts on Good Measure Meals meal plans and nutrition counseling services
- Online interactive support from Registered Dietitian via Facebook and recorded videos
- Additional Services