IN-TRAINING FOR 2018 PUBLIX GEORGIA MARATHON & HALF MARATHON
In-Training for 2018 Publix Georgia Marathon & Half Marathon
Our spring marathon and half marathon combined training takes place in the winter/spring and prepares participants for the Publix Georgia Marathon and Half Marathon on March 18, 2018. The program is great for novice and intermediate runners.
- Marathon Participants: Upon registering, marathon participants will be provided with an 18 week training schedule/log to guide you through the holiday season and prepare you for the regular group runs starting in January. To ensure participants are prepared for their marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 8-10 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably by the start of the January group runs. The pre-training plan provided at the kick-off event will support you in reaching this distance and pace requirement by the start of the group runs.
- Half Marathon Participants: The half marathon program is a 16 week program. To ensure participants are prepared for their Half Marathon, all registrants must be able to complete at the start of the program 5-6 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably.
Date & Time
- January 28, 2018
- 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta, 30324
- Half Marathon
- See below
$125.00 - Training only
$200.00 - Mizuno Upgrade Package (includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference) - shoes must be redeemed before March 15, 2018
$75 Upgrade: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries you can upgrade during the month of January and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store. - click to Upgrade
Refund Policy - Training registration is non-refundable* and non-transferable.
*Refunds considered for medical reasons only. Must be submitted with a physician's letter prior to January 14, 2018. $25.00 processing fee will be retained.
Participating Specialty Running Stores: Mizuno shoes can be redeemed at Phidippides, West Stride or participating Fleet Feet stores in Decatur, Johns Creek or Lawrenceville, with proof of purchase.
- Pre-Season Group Runs - 4 supported group runs - geared towards marathoner's scheduled mileage
- November 11, 7:00 a.m. - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - 6 miles
- November 18, 7:00 a.m. - Historic Fourth Ward Skate Park- 7 miles
- December 9, 7:30 a.m. - West Stride -10 miles
- December 16, 7:30 a.m. - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - 11-12 miles
- Kick Off Event - January 1, 2018 - Resolution Run
- Saturday Locations - 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - unless joining event*
- January 6 - March 10
- Wednesday Workout Locations - Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- November 15 - March 14