ATLANTA – May 8, 2017 – Atlanta Track Club invites its membership, participants and the greater Atlanta running community to “run across America” on Global Running Day on Wednesday, June 7, 2017. In addition to organizing several group runs across the metro area, the Club is organizing an effort to have at least one person in Atlanta Track Club apparel run in each state. The day will kick off with a group run at midnight – the first run of Global Running Day anywhere in the country.
“Atlanta strives to be ‘Running City, USA.’ We live up to that title by having members across the country demonstrating the benefits of running in their cities and states,” said Rich Kenah, Atlanta Track Club’s executive director. “We observe Global Running Day on June 7, but celebrate the sport 365 days a year.”
Atlanta Track Club is hosting the following initiatives to keep people moving throughout the day on Global Running Day:
- Midnight group run at Atlanta Track Club’s office
- 6 a.m. group run along the Atlanta BeltLine (starts and ends at Historic Fourth Ward Skatepark)
- Noon group run at Atlanta Track Club’s office
- 6 p.m. open invitation to In-Training for Peachtree session (Piedmont Park, North Gwinnett High School, Riverside Park, Swift Cantrell Park, Tucker High School)
- Participants can select their own time to run during the day in Atlanta Track Club gear, post pictures and tag Atlanta Track Club and Global Running Day on social media
All group runs are free and open to the public. Global Running Day is a celebration of the joys of running designed to share passion for the sport and inspire others to get moving.
In addition to the group runs, Atlanta Track Club will once again be part of a global effort to get one million children running on June 7. Runners of all ages and abilities can pledge to run on June 7 and register for Atlanta Track Club’s Global Running Day initiatives by visiting atlantatrackclub.org.