Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Summer Internship Program
Atlanta Track Club selects 4 to 6 interns each spring/early summer to perform mission critical roles for our business development, community outreach, events, and marketing teams. These 8 week long intense positions are ideal for organized self-starters who desire to sharpen their skills alongside dedicated leaders and professionals in a team-oriented and community-focused environment.
Core requirements for an internship with Atlanta Track Club include:
- college undergraduates or high school rising seniors
- proven commitment to and passion for running
- detail oriented
- ability to work well under pressure
- multi-tasking skills under tight deadlines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ability to work collaborativley
- ability to work independently
- track record of delivering on-time, quality work
- ability to work 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday, plus earlier and later as needed
A demonstrated commitment to running and physical fitness along with knowledge of Atlanta Track Club, the AJC Peachtree Road Race and the Metro-Atlanta running community is preferred. Starting in mid-May, this 8 week program will enable interns to gain firsthand exposure to best practices for non-profit organizations, learn multiple aspects of large-scale event management, be trusted to represent Atlanta Track Club in the community and have the unique opportunity to interface with athletes at all levels. Interns will receive performance-based stipends, travel reimbursement, Mizuno athletic footwear and apparel packages.
Each intern will have responsibilities in one or more of the following areas. Placement will be based on education, skills and experience. Career goals and interests will also be considered.
- Business Development – Acts as a liaison between the Events and Business Development teams, supporting sponsor areas, post-race area and Expo site at AJC Peachtree Road Race. Provides overall assistance with sponsorship communication and activation for events and programs taking place during the internship.
- Marketing – Partners with public relations manager in driving strategic application of news and information for social growth, including social campaign development.
- Peachtree Health and Fitness Expo – Assists the Expo coordinator in managing vendor relationships, logistics and Atlanta Track Club merchandise sales for the July 2-3 Peachtree Health & Fitness Expo.
- Community Outreach – Assists the director and coaches with In-Training for Peachtree, youth programs, members programs, and charity execution.
- Events – Supports the event staff in multiple capacities with preparation for and execution of all events taking place during the internship.
The following events require availability on nights and/or weekends:
- All Comers Track & Field Meets on Tuesday nights in May/June
- June All Metro Track & Field Banquet
- Braves Country 5K Race
- Peachtree Health & Fitness Expo on July 2 & 3
- AJC Peachtree Road Race on July 4th
Interested in Becoming an Intern?
We start accepting applications in January. All resumes should be submitted by March 31. Please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].