Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
The full marathon program is an 18-week program which takes place in the summer/fall that prepares participants for their fall marathon. The program will meet at Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 as the homebase with rotating fieldtrips to favorite running trails.
To ensure participants are prepared for their marathon, all registrants must be able to complete 8-10 miles (16:00 min/mile) comfortably by the time of the first group run on July 29th. A pre-training plan will be provided at the kick-off event to support you in reaching this distance requirement by the start of the group runs. The Saturday long run distances are based on a November 4 goal race date.
- Kick Off Events
- July 8 - Big Peach Running Co. - Brookhaven - 7:00 a.m.
- Pre-Season Group Run – Join us for one of our Thursday Group Runs (third thursday of each month) or on Global Run Day on June 7
Training programs are geared toward adult participants 18 and older. However, participants as young as 16 may participate as long as they are accompanied by a parent and the parent has signed a release acknowledging the risks involved. Both the parent and child would need to be registered for the program.
Date & Time
Starts July 8
Saturday Location - Atlanta Track Club office
- Mizuno short-sleeve shirt
- April 1 Registration Opens
- June 6 & 13 Kick-off event
- July 8 Kick-off event
- July 29 Saturday training sessions begin
- August 9 Wednesday workout sessions begin
- August 25 Registration closes
- $125.00 - Training only
- Loyalty discount: $10 off for each 2017 Atlanta Track Club In-Training program you participated in this year.
- $200.00 - Mizuno Upgrade Package
- Includes Training and Mizuno running shoes valued at $120.00 or less. Shoes above this price point the participant would be responsible for the price difference. Bring your proof of purchase to the participating running specialty retail partner starting July 8 through the end of August to redeem your shoes.
- $75 Upgrade Package: Wish you had purchased the Mizuno Package? No worries! You can upgrade anytime during the month of July and August and redeem your shoes at the participating specialty running store by bringing in your e-receipt. Upgrade is for those currently registered for a fall training program not valid as stand alone purchase. Click to Upgrade
- Big Peach Running Co. - Running Retail Partner for Fall Full/Half Marathon In-Training program.
- Saturday Locations: 7:00 a.m. - Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324 - No session Labor Day weekend
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Wednesdays 6:30pm at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Paced group runs led by run leaders
- Marathon Ambassadors: We will have a marathon ambassador for some of the larger marathons to help with customizing the schedule and managing a group chat.
- Mid-week Interval workouts
- Training log to customize to your event and fitness level
- Weekly Training Email with training tip video content
- Discount on Road ID items
- Discount on Bauerfeind products
- Nutrition support from Good Measure Meals
- Entry into private Facebook Group
- Short Sleeve Mizuno Performance shirt – unisex sizing
- Complimentary entry into the Decatur DeKalb 4 Miler and the Wingfoot XC Classic
Learn more about each training location by clicking on the links below:
- 7:00 a.m. Saturday Locations – Atlanta Track Club, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta 30324
- 6:30 p.m. Wednesday Workout Location: Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Registration opens: April 1 and closes on August 25
- Kick-off events:
- 6:30 p.m. - June 6 & 13 - All-Comers Track & Field Meets - stop by the training tent to pick up your training log and meet the coach
- 7:00 a.m.– July 8, Big Peach Running Co. - Brookhaven
- Saturday Group Run Schedule:
- 7:00 a.m. –Starts July 29, (weekly schedule will be based on a November 4 event)
- Midweek Workout Schedule: Wednesdays 6:30 p.m. at Piedmont Park, Active Oval
- Decatur Dekalb 4 Miler - July 15
- Wingfoot XC Classic - September 23
Become A Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events (except AJC Peachtree Road Race). Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!