Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club's Kilometer Kids is a free, incentive-based running program designed to get kids ages (7 to 14) in the community active! The mission of Kilometer Kids is to promote a healthy and active lifestyle to area youth through a running-based program, empowering children with the knowledge they need to make smart lifestyle choices.
Whether you're a teacher looking to start an after school program, or a parent who wants to run with your child in the neighborhood, the 11-week program is a great way to engage children in the sport of running. The program focuses on encouraging the kids to complete 26.2 miles over 11 weeks.
When does the Spring 2017 Kilometer Kids Season registration begin?
- Registration opens January 15
- Registration closes March 15
How do individuals register?
If you would like to join an exisiting team, please contact the site coordinator at that location prior to completing registration. Participating teams schedule their own meeting times and dates and may have restrictions on the maximum number of participants.
You can participate in the program as an individual and track your child’s mileage over the fall season. For individuals not associated with a team, incentive prizes will be mailed upon completion/receipt of the Running Logs.
- Visit Upcoming Events to see what events you may want your group to participate in this spring.
Date & Time
- January 15 Registration Opens
- February 16, 6:30 p.m. Coach Orientation
- February 27 First week of program season (suggested)
- March 15 Registration Closes
- March 19 Be Healthy Georgia Festival
- March 28 Midweek Fun Run @ Grant Park
- April 11 Midweek Fun Run @ Tribble Mill Park
- April 25 Midweek Fun Run @ Kennesaw State University
- May 13 Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Peachtree Junior
Start a Team
START A TEAM
What does a school/group need or have to do to start a Kilometer Kids program this Spring?
- Please register as a "Coach" using the spring program link and list your school or program site during the registration process. Once you register, we will send you a Coach Kit with all the necessary materials to get the program up and running this season.
- Complete the head coach background check by March 15
- Once you have submitted a background check, please use the same registration link to send to parents/kids that are interested in participating this season.
- Attend the Coach Orientation on Feb 16, 6:30 p.m.
Please Note: All Coach Agreements and Site Agreements must be received by March 15 in order to be an “active” program. All kids must be registered by March 15 in order to be eligible for incentive prizes.
A few of the program features include:
- Free access to curriculum, including running game ideas and mileage tracking tools
- Incentive items to all participants who reach their mileage goals, (must send in Running Log).
- Flexibility - parents, teachers and site coordinators can begin the program in the Fall or Spring.
- Opportunity to participate in free, mid-week fun runs and other youth running events organized by Atlanta Track Club.
Kilometer Kids seeks to create lifelong runners, instilling in participants the importance of a healthy and active lifestyle. Through the program, kids learn that exercise is a fun and rewarding activity, opening the door for physical activity to become a lifelong habit.
To learn more about the program, or how to get involved: Contact us