Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Middle school and high school runners are invited to join Atlanta Track Club for Atlanta Track Club Cross Country Camp at Young Harris College. This week-long overnight camp will be lead by Atlanta Track Club Coaches Amy and Andrew Begley as well as members of Atlanta Track Club Elite. They will cover proper running technique, speed, form and team building. Runners will also learn about a wide range of running-related topics including nutrition and proper shoes. Participants will enjoy daily runs on the Young Harris College trails and fieldtrips to surrounding parks. Lodging will be in the Young Harris College dormitories.
Participants should have some experience with distance running and be excited to learn more about the sport. Open to runners entering grades 7-12 (limited to 125 participants).
Returning 2017 campers and sibling or group (7 or more athletes) discounts are available. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Date & Time
- $550 through 5/31
- $650 6/1 - 6/20
- group discounts available
Registration Cut-Off Date
June 20, 2017
- 6:15 a.m. Morning stretch and run
- 7:45 a.m. Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Team building games
- 11:00 a.m Skills and drills workshop
- 12:00 p.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Strength training and/or drills
- 2:00 p.m. Team building games, swimming or free time
- 4:30 p.m. Afternoon run or cross train
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner
- 7:30 p.m. Tournament games
- 9:00 p.m. Free time/Optional activities
- 10:00 p.m. All campers in rooms
- 10:30 p.m.Lights out
Young Harris College
Young Harris, Georgia is located in the southern Appalachian Mountains, ideally situated between the Chattahoochee, Cherokee and Nantahala National Forests, and a scenic two-hour drive from Atlanta, Georgia and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Lodging will be in the Young Harris dorms: https://www.yhc.edu/about
Registration is not complete until the following form is submitted. All forms are due by 6/20/18.
- Scanned and emailed to [email protected] or
- Mailed (postmarked 6/20/18) to Atlanta Track Club, Attn: CAMP, 201 Armour Drive, Atlanta, GA 30324
- Georgia Preparticipation Physical Evaluation Form must be completed by a physician - click to download
Daily Run Workouts
Campers will begin the week with a time trial to determine their fitness level. Each day will include a morning run or workout and an afternoon run or cross training opportunity. Runs will be lead by camp counselors. Daily mileage will range from 3-4 for middle school runners and 7-8 for high school runners.
Skills and Drills Workshops
- Plyometric Exercises
- Hurdle Drills
- Pre-Hab Training
- Core Strength
- Training Programming
- Nutrition for Runners
- Gait Analysis and Injury Prevention
- Mental Preparation
- Proper Footwear and Apparel