Thanks for printing! Don't forget to come back to Atlanta Track Club for fresh articles!
Atlanta Track Club is bringing racing back with the Publix Summer Series! Featuring a Mile, 5K and 8K in a touchless race experience, the Publix Summer Series is a unique, responsible return to racing at three carefully laid out locations.
Registration for the entire series is now closed.
July 18 - Mile - Georgia International Convention Center - A fast race on a hard, paved surface
July 25 - 8K - Foxhall Resort - Begins and ends in a large field on grass, some gravel roads and wide trails. A small portion on wooded trails but on two-track, wider paths - but get ready for one fun uphill!
August 1 - 5K - McIntosh Reserve Park - Begins in a large field on grass, proceeds onto a wide gravel road and ends back in the field
Virtual registrants after July 14 at 11:59 p.m. will have their items mailed after the first event. In-person registrants after July 14 can pick up their bib and swag at the first event in the series. In-person 5K only registrants can pick up their bib and swag on-site at McIntosh Reserve on August 1.
Date & Time
July 18, 25 and August 1, 6:30 a.m.
- Atlanta Track Club mask or buff
- hand sanitizer
- cooling towel
- $35.00 for in-person 5K only; $60.00 for in-person series (registration closed); $50.00 for virtual (registration closed)
- 6:00 a.m. Parking areas open
- 6:10 a.m. Number pickup opens
- 6:30 a.m. Race begins
- 6:33 a.m. Start groups begin every 3 minutes
- 10:30 a.m. Race sites close
Series registration is now closed.
Ray Day Registration: Not Available
Timing & Results
On-site participants will receive a bib with timing tag in the mail prior to the first event on July 18. On-site participants will use that same bib for all three events. If you lose that bib or it is destroyed, please report to the late number pickup tent at the next event. Results for in-person racers will be available online the afternoon of the event.
Virtual participants are asked to submit their results via online form.
Series Results (in-person runners for all three events)
5K course map - mixed surface of grass and gravel
Course time limits:
- Mile: 30 minutes
- 5K: 1 hour and 15 minutes (25 minute per mile pace)
- 8K: 1 hour and 30 minutes (18 minute per mile pace)
For the safety and enjoyment of all participants, no headphones, pets, or wheeled conveyances of any kind, including baby joggers/strollers, roller/inline skates, and bicycles, are permitted on the course.
Participants electing to take part in the virtual series will receive a Publix buff, hand sanitizer, cooling towel and bib. Results will be collected after each weekend's event however virtual participants will not be eligible for series awards.
July 18 - Georgia International Convention Center - 2000 Convention Center Concourse, Atlanta, GA 30337 - Fulton County
July 25 - Foxhall Resort - 8000 Capps Ferry Rd, Douglasville, GA 30135 - Douglas County
August 1 - McIntosh Reserve Park - 1046 W McIntosh Cir, Whitesburg, GA 30185 - Carroll County
Overall awards are based on net time.
- Men's and women's overall series awards (cumulative time across all three events)
- Master's men's and women's series awards (cumulative time across all three events)
- Men's and women's furthest traveled to return to racing awards (based on home zip code used when registering)
Dash pass for parking at each venue will be mailed & emailed in participant messages to all in-person participants before race day. The same dash pass can be used each week.
Atlanta Track Club's return to racing will feature a race-by-appointment format to reduce gathering size and course congestion. Safety measures include, must are not limited to:
- All participants and staff required to wear masks (mask not required while running)
- Social distancing
- Limited contact number and swag distribution - items mailed to those registering by deadline for mailings
- No fluid distribution on course - all participants must arrive self sufficient
- Hand sanitizing stations
- No contact food and water distribution at the finish
- Air hugs and high fives encouraged
For all safety measures related to this event click here.
Athletes With Disabilities
In order to serve all our athletes, Atlanta Track Club offers opportunities for Athletes With Disabilities (AWD). If you are an AWD and interested in participating in the Publix Summer Series, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss what reasonable accommodations can be made based on your specific needs. Atlanta Track Club officials will provide reasonable accommodation to Athletes With Disabilities on an individualized and event by event basis.
If you have additional questions regarding the event, please email email@example.com.
Become a Member
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all Atlanta Track Club events? Join today to begin receiving discounts and be a part of Running City USA.