SPRING MIDWEEK MILE & DASH - BLACKBURN PARK
Spring Midweek Mile & Dash - Blackburn Park
The free In-person event will feature a "race by appointment" approach, thereby providing participants with a socially distant and safe experience moving through the event area. Atlanta Track Club will provide detailed instructions on how to navigate the in-person Midweek Mile & Dash before event day. Choose your time slots in registration then stay tuned!
Participants also have the option to participate VIRTUALLY! The free mile & dash are a fun way to get kids active and fit. Registration for the virtual event includes a printable bib and finisher's certificate. Complete the mile or dash anytime between Tuesday, May 18 at 5:00 a.m. and Thursday, May 20 at 11:59 p.m. Results must be submitted by Friday, May 21 at 12:00 p.m. to appear in the official results.
Mile participants will run one whole mile. The distance we suggest for Dash participants is a 50 meter dash, and 50 meters is 164 feet. If you are looking for a good place to run/walk, we have made some suggestions for you below.
DATE & TIME
May 19, 5:00 p.m.
Cheney Stadium, 741 Connally St. SE, Atlanta, GA
- Limited In-Person Time Slots Now Available!
- Mile (ages 6 - 14)
- 50 Meter Dash (ages 6 & under)
- Virtual Mile (ages 6 - 14)
- Virtual 50 Meter Dash (ages 6 & under)
- Free and open to the public
TIMING & RESULTS
The timing device for this event is the Chronotrack single use B-tag. In order to receive an accurate time, please confirm your child's bib is...
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Pinned in all four corners
- Not covered (jackets, fuel belts, etc.)
- If you do not wish to have your child timed, you may peel off the timing device or simply bend it several times.
Atlanta Track Club is a member organization of both the Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) & USA Track & Field (USATF) and adheres to the guidelines and rules of competition in the events Atlanta Track Club conducts & provides.
RACE DAY REGISTRATION
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
- Scheduled start times, approximately 20 runners per wave for the Mile, approximately 10 runners per wave for the Dash, every 10 minutes
- Mask must be worn at all times (including warmup) but can be removed while participating in the event.
- Mask must be put back on immediately after crossing the finish line
- Temperature checks upon entering the venue
- Social distancing of 6 feet practiced throughout the venue
- Complete the Health Screening Questionnaire within 24 hours of attending the event. Be prepared to show e-mail confirmation of completion on your phone at check-in