2020 VIRTUAL IN-TRAINING FOR FALL MARATHONS
2020 Virtual In-Training for Fall Marathons
New in 2020, the Virtual In-Training for Fall Marathons features:
- Certified coaches and volunteer Run Leads to guide you while keeping you accountable
- Digital learning opportunities most Tuesday evenings at 8:00 p.m. led by Atlanta's running experts including veteran marathon coaches and racers
- Additional customized training levels to meet your fitness and experience
- Deals and discounts from running specialty stores and sponsors
- Daily text/email reminders of workouts powered by Final Surge
- Online platforms to build community and camaraderie
We recommend that participants have consistently been training 15 or more miles per week, recently completed a long run of at least 7-10 miles and previously completed a marathon. While virtual In-Training for Fall Marathons is not intended for beginners, Atlanta Track Club does offer a first marathon program during In-Training for Publix Atlanta Marathon.
Note: This virtual training program does not include entry into a fall marathon.
*In some cases, the program may be shortened. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in training with Atlanta Track Club but need to reduce the length of the program.
DATE & TIME
16 weeks before your fall marathon
- Marathon - 26.2 miles
- $120 ($30 per month)
Orientations begin online at 8:00 p.m., 3 days prior to training
Boston Marathon training begins
Chicago Marathon training begins
Marine Corps Marathon training begins
New York City Marathon training begins
- *When CDC recommendations for limiting gatherings expire, these group workouts may resume*
- Wednesday Workout Locations: Participants can attend any of the Wednesday locations. Please see newsletter for the specific details. Participants should arrive 15 minutes early to warm up and stretch.
- Cheney Stadium, Track, Atlanta, Wednesdays - 6:00 a.m.
- Peachtree Middle School, Track, Dunwoody, Wednesdays, 6:00 p.m.
- Piedmont Park, Active Oval, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- Swift Cantrell Park, Flag Poles, Kennesaw, Wednesdays - 6:30 p.m.
- Tucker High School, Track, Tucker, Wednesdays - 6:00 p.m.
- More to be added soon!
$120.00 ($30.00 per month), virtual training only
- Refund Policy: Virtual training registration is non-refundable and non-transferable
We will kick off the program with an hour long online orientation in which Coach Amy will discuss the program's routines and expectations, explain Final Surge and its benefits, and answer your training questions. 8:00 p.m. on Zoom three days before your program begins.
Amy Begley, Atlanta Track Club, Lead Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Olympic Development Team, 2008 Olympian - 10,000m Eric Heintz, Atlanta Track Club, Director - High Performance Patrick Peterson, Atlanta Track Club, Olympic Development Team Athlete, Assistant Coach - In-Training Programs, Lead Coach - Youth Programs
- Nutrition and hydration
- Injury prevention
- Goal setting
- Race day nerves
- Course strategy
- Sports bra basics
- Heart rate training and effort-based training
GUESTS AND SPEAKERS
Frequently Asked Questions - Virtual
I am not technologically savvy. Will I be trained on how to use all of the digital tools in the program?
Yes! Orientation, online videos, downloadable documents, and more will take you through the process step-by-step to maximize your experience.
Customization and Coaching
What do you mean by customized or individualized coaching?
The program offers a variety of training levels based on mileage, experience, and goals. The program also provides the tools to customize your paces for easy runs and walks in addition to harder workouts such as tempos and speedwork. Participants have the ability to move training days based on their work and life schedules. While a certified coach will look after your training and keep you accountable, it is not a personal coaching program with unlimited access to the coach.
Are there opportunities for interactions with coaches?
Yes! Tuesday evenings often feature online education sessions including opportunities for questions and answers. Coaches and Run Leads, experienced volunteers who assist with the program, are also present at midweek workout locations for in-person conversations. Your coach will also be available through email any time and in certain circumstances by phone.
Will I be able to schedule weekly one-on-one calls with my coach?
No, but you do you have unlimited digital correspondence and access at midweek workouts and online educational sessions.
Are group interval/speedwork sessions included with this program?
Yes! Although current CDC recommendations do not permit gatherings such as our midweek workouts, when the time is right we will begin to meet again.
Are supported, group long runs sponsored by Atlanta Track Club included with this program?
No; however, many participants meet at a variety of locations throughout the Atlanta metro area for informal group long runs. When CDC recommendations change and the time is right they will begin again.
BECOME A MEMBER
Did you know as a member of Atlanta Track Club you receive a discount on all events. Join today to begin receiving discounts and the many other benefits of membership!